Importing Use Motorcycle Or Car

Have a look on this forum from Golden Triangle Riders http://www.gt-rider.com ; there is a lot of info which in summary says it's a load of hassle and expense to bring in a bike on a permanent basis.

If the bikes are old then they expense will be reduced have a look at this customs department page http://www.customs.go.th/Customs-Eng/Perso...Nme=PersonalPer

Good luck!

I was quoted import duty of 150% on my beloved Fazer and that is on the value Thai customs put on the bike so I sold it and bought something over here.

You can be sure that if someone in customs takes a shine to your bike they will put a value on it that will make it not worth paying the tax.

And once its on the quayside you either pay the duty or it gets confiscated and auctioned off......to the guy who likes the look of it.

Now I have heard of people dismantling bikes and importing them as spares(to avoid duty) and then reassembling them. Of dubious legality I would guess and a hassle to register once rebuilt in Thailand unless you known someone who could do it for a little tea money.

I done it with a Camaro 11 years ago. It's only possibile if you let your vehicle in the custom. After 6 months they cofiscated and aonther 6 months i bought the car back in the auction for much less than the estimatet taxamount. But the auctions works different than others. You have to write down your bid amount in a envelope. So the highest bit get the vehicle. So the bid is secret. The problem is only, you don't know how much other peaple offer. So in my case, it was easy, because Thais don't like lefthanddrive American cars. So not many bidders, and no high offers to my car. When you get the custom documents you can register your car in Mo Chit Transportation Departement. But this was 11 years ago. I don't know it still works today. I my self was more than 20 times in Klong Toy customs, until i got my car and many thing of the car was lost, like center cabs, logos, radiatorcaps, etc. I would say, it's not worth to do the hassle. It was a onetime expirience, but iwould never do again.