Pratumnak bus brake failure down hill, kills 1

webfact

1 hour ago, tropo said:

Easy to say sitting here on a keyboard. It would be the pinnacle of multitasking and perhaps the driver did blow his horn. Does anyone have information on this?

All the moto drivers must have been on their phones when he honked his horn, so didn't hear him.

8 hours ago, jaywalker said:

Guess you shouldn't be driving then.

I accidentally (my fault/not paying attention/looking at a cop roadside shakedown or something in my mirrors), and ran the light on Sukhumvit at Najomtien Road. NO WAY I could have stopped in time. I managed to stop halfway thru the intersection, but my horn prevented a few drivers from getting hit.

Judging by your performance at that intersection, you most certainly shouldn't be driving. LOL to suggesting someone else shouldn't be driving when you seem like a danger on the road yourself.

BTW, I don't drive here. Your story illustrates one of the main reason why I don't. It's too easy to kill people accidentally. I ride a bike instead. It's better I kill (or injure) myself than someone else.

Edited by tropo

9 hours ago, tropo said:

And you know this how?

I was in a condo overlooking the intersection when the accident happened.  Did not see the accident but the windows were open and I heard a loud bang.   Did not hear a honk before the loud bang and certainly not a long, sustained honk that would have warned everybody that there was a problem. 

On 7/26/2017 at 5:23 PM, Belzybob said:

Not only was the driver most likely incompetent, but it seems he couldn't even find the horn button to warn others.

Does anyone reacts to horns anymore? I sure don`t. 

The misuse from baht busses have made me immune. 

On 27/07/2017 at 8:24 AM, tropo said:

LOL> I was waiting for that one. The chances are infinitesimally lower though.

Infinitesimally .. a rather big word to describe something that is rather small .. Infinitesimally small in fact .. Anyone else see the irony in that .. 

26 minutes ago, Justgrazing said:

Infinitesimally .. a rather big word to describe something that is rather small .. Infinitesimally small in fact .. Anyone else see the irony in that .. 

I agree - I should have used "small" and not "lower". Sorry!

linguistics aside, I'm not concerned about killing OTHER people on my motorcycle.

Edited by tropo

59 minutes ago, tropo said:

linguistics aside, I'm not concerned about killing OTHER people on my motorcycle.

No worries Tropo .. I was merely underlining one of the eccentricities of the English language in that such a lengthy word is used to describe something small .. As for motorcycle's I don't  .. I prefer to walk the sidewalks though I shall be giving that area a swerve as you know what they say about waiting around for a bus  ( crash ) and then a few turn up ..  And on the balance of probabilities in this place a few more will crash .. ?

1 hour ago, tropo said: