Real Estate agents in Phuket

goloeilmanz

I'm considering to relocate from Bangkok to Phuket. Does anyone know of any agents to recommend for renting a house?

I find it easier to trust an agent that's recommended personally, rather than all of the tourist's sites that google comes up with.

Thanks

General recommendation: stay in a hotel, have a look around and decide on an area to live in, in that area look around yourself for places to rent. Many signs, talk to people, etc.

10 hours ago, goloeilmanz said:

I find it easier to trust an agent that's recommended personally

Anyone who trusts a real estate agent in Thailand is a complete idiot.

Trust no one here. Assume that everyone - of all skin colours - is trying to steal from you and you wont go far wrong.

11 minutes ago, KittenKong said:

Anyone who trusts a real estate agent in Thailand is a complete idiot.

Trust no one here. Assume that everyone - of all skin colours - is trying to steal from you and you wont go far wrong.

Sadly.....thats sound advice!

Phuket is not a small island. There are many towns and cities now. It all depends on what you want to live close to. I grew up at the beach and need the beach, so I live close to one I like and also has decent fresh food shopping. As Steven said, it's best to come and check it out, stay in a few places at hotels or guesthouses and first find an area you like.Then drive around and look for house for rent signs. Talk to the owner, read the lease agreement, see if they will give you a better deal on a lease. But, you better check out the neighbors too. Don't sign a year lease until your sure you want to stay there.

By the way, this is a good time of year to look as there are many vacancies. 

• 3 weeks later...