Than Sadet Waterfall on Phangan

I've walked down this from the public entry point for about 30 mins down the rocks, and then turned back. Does anyone know where the waterfall / river comes out into the sea, and if it's possible to walk all the way down?

The river comes out at Than Sadet beach.

Google for pictures.

I guess you could scramble over the rocks all the way down to the sea, but it'd be hard going and IMO not worth it. Long way too.

If you go down to national park hq, you can see the rocks that the kings have inscribed and walk a way up the river.

To see the river in flood, stay on the beach during rainy season- spectacular.

40 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

The river comes out at Than Sadet beach.

Google for pictures.

I guess you could scramble over the rocks all the way down to the sea, but it'd be hard going and IMO not worth it. Long way too.

If you go down to national park hq, you can see the rocks that the kings have inscribed and walk a way up the river.

To see the river in flood, stay on the beach during rainy season- spectacular.

Thanks, I've been to than sadet beach but didn't notice the river coming out - should pay more attention. Yeah judging by the bike ride down I think its quite a long way.

On ‎7‎/‎29‎/‎2017 at 2:45 PM, RickG16 said:

Thanks, I've been to than sadet beach but didn't notice the river coming out - should pay more attention. Yeah judging by the bike ride down I think its quite a long way.

The river exits at the far left hand end looking inland, right beside the Mai Pen Rai restaurant. There used to be a very ramshackle bridge over it there.