Chonburi residents call in the media to get action from a particularly nasty stretch of hanging wires

webfact

Chonburi residents call in the media to get action from a particularly nasty stretch of hanging wires

2am.jpg

PIcture: Thai Rath

CHONBURI: -- Thailand's perennial problem with hanging wires reared its ugly head again this time in the Nong Ree area of Chonburi.

Residents called in the media after a motorcyclist was virtually strangled and came off his bike by wires hanging down at the entrance

to a soi.

The locals are convinced that it is only a matter of time before someone is electrocuted in the area where the sidewalks and roads and virtually unnavigable.

As the media furor broke the electrical generating authority finally came out to start making some repairs.

Pictures and a video of the mess was featured in a Thai Rath story about the area in central Chonburi.

Source: Thai Rath

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-07-28

PEA Samui inaction to potential hazard and safety concerns.

For months a tree has been against the High Voltage cables to one of the villas we care for. The tree is over the public Soi. I have personally talked to PEA at their office here, provided photos of the problem as well as the location. The issue is that it is a hazard not only to PEA lines but causes loss of  power, blown fuses and phase loss to the house.

Single phasing the load, low voltage and power loss problems in the house.

The complaint was made in person to Engineering counter at PEA office 3 months ago and again last month so far nothing has been done to remove the tree limbs touching the H.V. Cables.

How do I get this obvious safety hazard resolved?

When the fuse/fuses do blow it takes PEA well over an hour to respond and replace the fuses. The last time the response was 12 hours.

14692.jpg

The only problem the authorities have is.. who will fix it...

Might take a few months of paper work, back and forth to come up with a dept that will handle the fix.. then a few more months for funds for the fix and after that...

They just need to remember what the money they just got was for.... Perhaps it was for new computers for the office?

1 minute ago, klauskunkel said:

Facebook in Thai language, the only way.

Agreed.  Utility companies are monopolies with no competition.  If you don't like their service you can't go elsewhere.  Their employees, therefore, consider themselves untouchable and lord it over any complainants.  East Water caused over 60 thousand baht's worth of damage to our estate.  We have been trying to recover the money from their insurers for over three months now.

1 hour ago, ksamuiguy said:

PEA Samui inaction to potential hazard and safety concerns.

For months a tree has been against the High Voltage cables to one of the villas we care for. The tree is over the public Soi. I have personally talked to PEA at their office here, provided photos of the problem as well as the location. The issue is that it is a hazard not only to PEA lines but causes loss of  power, blown fuses and phase loss to the house.

Single phasing the load, low voltage and power loss problems in the house.

The complaint was made in person to Engineering counter at PEA office 3 months ago and again last month so far nothing has been done to remove the tree limbs touching the H.V. Cables.

How do I get this obvious safety hazard resolved?

When the fuse/fuses do blow it takes PEA well over an hour to respond and replace the fuses. The last time the response was 12 hours.

14692.jpg

Probably have the wife find the guy that would actually do the work & pay him 500 baht (for doing his job).

I Once had to pay 300 baht to get my internet connected. Otherwise it was going to take 3 weeks...maybe. This was AIS!

You can call 1111 to speak with complaints to the highest level. I've had one Thai friend get a solution that way. They were impressed. 

Please report back here if you can get a Thai person to get action occurring via the 1111 hotline.

Peace to all.