Som Nam Na

Bluecat

It seems to me that for Thai people, revenge or at least "retribution" for something that they think have been done to them "unjustifiably' (for them at least) is normal and should be applauded.

Of course, that mentality does not always help some of the farang here who make Thai "lose face".

And the losing face concept is quite broad and not always easy to grab for a farang.

He usually dismisses it as childish and absurb with all the consequences he can not even start to understand,...

By the way, before I have the question, Som nam na means You deserve it,...

Anyway, your comments are welcome.

Som Nam Na... actually means.... "Serves you riight'

More of a 'You brought this on yourself' than 'you deserve it'.

It is used more as a proclamation that you got your just deserts rather than a mere statement that this is what you deserve.

Som Nam Na... actually means.... "Serves you riight'

More of a 'You brought this on yourself' than 'you deserve it'.

It is used more as a proclamation that you got your just deserts rather than a mere statement that this is what you deserve.

Right, guesthouse, the exact translation is "Serves you right"

Just wanted it to be easier to be understood in the sense that the definition of "You brought it to yourself" is not always understood by the farang in Thailand,... :o

It means all those things, but in short it is - "sucked in" In OZ anyway......

They speak Thai in Oz, Gent? BTW, what's with the new avatar? Are you the Forum's resident weatherman now...telling us which way the wind blows? :o

My girlfriend likes to remind me not to use strong language with people I get annoyed with, such as the drunk neighbour with his industrial Karaoke. I don't know how serious it could get?

No immediate retaliations so far, maybe my pronunciation of Thai swear words isn't very good.

I have been wondering, though, why my car tires get slashed every second day?

My girlfriend likes to remind me not to use strong language with people I get annoyed with, such as the drunk neighbour with his industrial Karaoke. I don't know how serious it could get?

No immediate retaliations so far, maybe my pronunciation of Thai swear words isn't very good.

Just give that drunk neighbor a few "Mung A-Heeas's" and he'll get the message! :o

Just give that drunk neighbor a few "Mung A-Heeas's" and he'll get the message! :o

Or pay a couple of heavies to teach him manners :D

'some heavies'?? please contact me in this regard and I shall mobilize unwashed and threatening bandits from the Alfonso Bedoya 'Stinkin' Badges' and Memorial Society...sort out them neighbors right now without guns or overt violence when a desparaging cackle and a deadly sneer suffices...

lets' see...where is that link...

They speak Thai in Oz, Gent? BTW, what's with the new avatar? Are you the Forum's resident weatherman now...telling us which way the wind blows? :o

lots of Thai gets spoken in our house Boon and that's in Oz :D

They speak Thai in Oz, Gent? BTW, what's with the new avatar? Are you the Forum's resident weatherman now...telling us which way the wind blows? :D

funny bugger - I think you know what I meant :o