Extend 'Retirement' Visa in UK

Hi

I'm on my first 'retirement' visa, due to expire 13 Sept 2017. I urgently have to return to the UK, and had been hoping to extend it 45 days early (around 1st August) then return to the UK. However it appears there is going to be a problem with my TM30, so I'm thinking of heading back imminently, and hopefully extend it in the UK.

Can I do this? Is it straightforward? Do I have to go in person to London? Can I do it in Glasgow?

Thanks for any advice.

No.

If by "retirement visa" you mean a 1 year extension of stay based on retirement it can only be done in Thailand.

If you don't renew your permit to stay before leaving you'll need a new non-immigrant visa. You won't get a non 'O' from the UK unless you're in receipt of state pension. You could get a non 'O-A' from London in place of a non 'O' or get a tourist visa and changd to a non-immigrant visa once back in Thailand. Once you've an entry to Thailand with a non-immigrant visa you can restart the extension process.

It would be best to renew and get a re-entry permit before leaving Thailand.

Edited by elviajero

As mentioned the only thing you can get outside of Thailand is a new Visa

So lets say you are talking about an existing Extension based on retirment

So you apply for another extension prior to leaving which I read has a 30 waiting period 

So i guess since your done that you could also get a re-entry permit since the first extension should still be valid 

This all depends on how long you are out of the country

Not sure what the TM 30 has got to do with it as you would have one from your previous entry into Thailand & by the time you get back (in time to pick your extension up ) you will have to do another TM 30 report after entry into Thailand 

This is just a stab in the dark, I know there's more experienced people

Thanks for the advice. I think I'll have to let it expire and start afresh via Elviajero route when I return. The TM30 issue is basically I live/sleep on the floor at the back of my girlfriend's restaurant in Chiang Mai. Last year, when applying for the extension we needed the building owners IDcard details. The building has just been sold to Bangkok people and I know it's going to be problematic to get copies of their ID.

Thanks anyway........at least I know now.

9 minutes ago, soblue2001 said:

Thanks for the advice. I think I'll have to let it expire and start afresh via Elviajero route when I return. The TM30 issue is basically I live/sleep on the floor at the back of my girlfriend's restaurant in Chiang Mai. Last year, when applying for the extension we needed the building owners IDcard details. The building has just been sold to Bangkok people and I know it's going to be problematic to get copies of their ID.

Ok but another shot could be if she is in a Blue Book in the area - But i guess you would know that

12 hours ago, soblue2001 said:

You might want to a try doing the application. If you still have the receipt for the TM30 from before you should not need to do another TM30 form. CM has recently been reported as not been wanting the TM30 form more than once.