Proof of address at Chaeng Wattana.

I went to Division 1 at Chaeng Wattana and asked for "proof of Address" for purchase of Car/Motorcycle. I paid B200 and I was told that if I don't receive it in 2 weeks come back to the same room, no queue.

I have not received anything after 2 weeks now. I need to go to immigration again.  

At the time the officer told us that "if you don't receive it in 2 weeks, come back to this room" , my girlfriend told me that they are not going to mail it. She was right.

Is this normal and has it happened to others or just to me ?

If it happens often, what will be next at immigration office. any surprises or document needed ?

Edited by Foozool
missed a second question

When dealing with government bureaucracy in Thailand, one should not take anything

for granted when he's told to do this or that, one should check and recheck,

verify and re verify to make sure he understood what was said, and even than,

sometimes thing are still not clear as one would have thought, this knowledge

comes from years and years dealing with the above....

18 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Normally they tell people that it will take up to 3 weeks to get it by EMS.

Perhaps you went there before they got a chance to mail it.

I thought I better ask before I go to the immigration for second time.

Then I wait 1 more week.

Thanks

If the immigration officer told you to go back in two weeks if not recived then go back he will probably get it for you there and then. 

I belive ubon joe thinks youve already been back in his reply

5 hours ago, ezzra said:

When dealing with government bureaucracy in Thailand, one should not take anything

for granted when he's told to do this or that, one should check and recheck,

verify and re verify to make sure he understood what was said, and even than,

sometimes thing are still not clear as one would have thought, this knowledge

comes from years and years dealing with the above....

agreed, my experience shows less than 50% of the time they do what they say; i imagine they just say anything to get you out of their offices at the time; what often should be one or two trips ends up being 3+

I did one not long ago at Chaeng Wattana  also and I was told three weeks to receive it by mail and also that if I didn't receive it by then to come back to the same room with no queue. Three weeks came and I had to go back there about a day after that. The gave me one on the spot and told me it was mailed the day before and I would receive another one shortly in the mail. which I did. Easy for them but it is not easy for me to travel there so it was a pain. I received another one there a couple of years ago and they told me three weeks also and I received it in ten days. 

It was a total waste of time, after 5+ hours wait they called my ticket number, entered my passport number into the computer and said I can't get it here anymore (c wattana

Now I have to go to chamchury Square branch, what a pain in the balls...  

this is an up date:

I went to Division 1 today,  8/8/2017 after about 3 weeks.

I told the officer that I have not received the proof of address that I asked for about 3 weeks ago.

one of officers told me that you will receive it by mail.

My gf objected that we were told to be here if we don't receive it after 2 or 3 weeks. An other officer told us to wait and after 10 min she  called us to sign a book and gave us the proof of address.

I had to sing the book where she showed me, but that page of book was full of other people's information as well as mine. every line for a different person. None of those lines had any signature.

I'm not sure what was happening there, but it looked like they were very much behind about this for some reason.