Spouse Visa 2.5 years in- FLM

Hi Guys 

Me and my wife acquired her spouse visa (5 year route)  on 30/03/16, ( with help an advise from people on this forum) it expires in 30/03/2018, we are currently staying at my parents so don't have many joint items of correspondence (ie: council tax bills ect) but have separate ones with the same address on, ( ie: bank statements, collage letters, paylslips) this should be ok rite?

Also my parents are moving and I think we are going to move in with another relative my uncle who is retired, will this cause a problem because our address will obviously now change?

As im self employed im thinking it would easier to meet the financial requirements for her FLR via my savings this time round, i should have £62,500 six months before her visa is due but it is spread in different accounts ( ie ISA, Index linked Savings, normal savings account, current account) will this be a problem? and will me having the £62,500 solely meet the financial requirement this time round?

thanks for you help guys

2 hours ago, sksk999 said:

Me and my wife acquired her spouse visa (5 year route)  on 30/03/16, ( with help an advise from people on this forum) it expires in 30/03/2018, we are currently staying at my parents so don't have many joint items of correspondence (ie: council tax bills ect) but have separate ones with the same address on, ( ie: bank statements, collage letters, paylslips) this should be ok rite?

Also my parents are moving and I think we are going to move in with another relative my uncle who is retired, will this cause a problem because our address will obviously now change?

As im self employed im thinking it would easier to meet the financial requirements for her FLR via my savings this time round, i should have £62,500 six months before her visa is due but it is spread in different accounts ( ie ISA, Index linked Savings, normal savings account, current account) will this be a problem? and will me having the £62,500 solely meet the financial requirement this time round?

Six addressed to you and your wife or six to each of you.

For the next one I will be using council tax, NIC letter, EHIC card letter, bank account and two more. Haven't decided yet.

If the address is changed I doubt it's a problem. Joint letters would be better showing you are together.

The money has to be instant access the way I understand it. £62,500 is what is needed.

As rasg says, if you have no letters addressed to you both jointly you can use 6 addressed to you and 6 to your wife, or a combination if you do have some addressed to you both: although they do not all have to be from different sources. See "If your application is as the partner of a settled person or person who is in the UK with refugee leave or humanitarian protection" in Section 13 - Documents of form FLR(M)

The dates of the items of correspondence should be spread evenly over the whole period you are relying on. They should be from at least 3 different sources. If you do not have enough items in your joint names, you may also provide items addressed to each of you individually if they show the same address for both of you. For example - Four items of correspondence in joint names to the same address and two items addressed to each partner at the address. In total eight items would need to be submitted. If you and your partner have no bills or correspondence in joint names, you will need to submit twelve items (six each) of correspondence, evidencing that you reside together at the same address.

If you and your partner lived with relatives or friends for some or all of the period you are relying on, please provide a letter from the relative(s) and/or friend(s) confirming this.

The change of address is not a problem; although bearing in mind the last sentence of the above quote, you should obtain a letter from both your parents and your uncle confirming the periods that you and your wife lived with each of them.

As rasg says, if using cash savings to meet the financial requirement then the money needs to be instantly available, with or without penalty. The money does not have to all be in one account, as long as any account used is in your name, your wife's name or you both jointly. Monies held in an ISA can be used. See "7. Cash savings" of the financial requirement appendix for more details.

17 hours ago, sksk999 said:

As im self employed

Note that whilst cash savings above £16,000 and most forms of income can be combined to reduce the amount of each required, for some unexplained reason cash savings cannot be combined with self employed income.

52 minutes ago, 7by7 said:

Note that whilst cash savings above £16,000 and most forms of income can be combined to reduce the amount of each required, for some unexplained reason cash savings cannot be combined with self employed income.

I read it somewhere that's it's to do with double counting. Can’t remember exactly. I'll see if I can find the link.