August 2, 20179 yr My son is in the process of changing jobs. His last visa cancelled as he left his previous job to start the new one. He thought he had all the correct paperwork to get a non B in Vientiane but he was one document short. He will fly back into BKK today and ask for a tourist visa so that he can get the other document signed and try again. I know he didn't take much cash with him so my question is, Does he need the 20,000 baht in cash I keep hearing about to re enter on a tourist visa?
August 2, 20179 yr He will get a 30 day visa exempt entry not a tourist visa. The chances he will be asked for the 20k baht is slim since apparently has not been using them to stay here.
August 2, 20179 yr Author Thanks Ubonjoe, is the 30 day visa exempt simply a walkthrough with no visa then?
August 2, 20179 yr 5 minutes ago, minikev said: Thanks Ubonjoe, is the 30 day visa exempt simply a walkthrough with no visa then? It requires nothing but a passport from a country that qualifies for a visa exempt entry.
August 2, 20179 yr Author 33 minutes ago, ubonjoe said: It requires nothing but a passport from a country that qualifies for a visa exempt entry. Thanks
August 2, 20179 yr It's 10K for visa exempt entry. However, as said, it's highly unlikely, given the info in the OP, that he'll be asked to show any money.
August 2, 20179 yr Why dont he stay in Laos and have his company fax or email the document(s). Last time I was in Laos and was short a document I called my office and got them to speak to the staff at the embassy. I was luckily the next day when I took the missing page expecting to stay another night but the girl pushed me through and got my visa done that day. It's allot cheaper to stay another 1-2 days than make another trip.
Create an account or sign in to comment