August 2, 20179 yr Popular Post I am sure admin will put this in the correct place but just wanted to share my experience on Monday 1st August at Thai Consulate in Savanakhet Laos. I took the paperwork to the Consulate at 9 am prompt. Handed over to the guy behind the desk. We never spoke a word and he just handed me the number for collection the following day. I must point out that I do not have the pretty colored marriage certificate only Kor Wor 2. A bag of documents were stolen from my house some time back and the marriage certificate was one of the documents. I do have a police report which I gave in but was given back. Following day at 2 pm prompt went to collect my passport and no problems. I stayed at Joli Guesthouse which was great. Huge rooms and breakfast. Great Wifi and friendly helpful staff who speak English. 50 baht to the Thai Consulate. Plenty of places to eat within walking distance and close to the night market and The Mekong. Very relaxing trip.
August 2, 20179 yr As far as marriage documentation is concerned, I am in the same position as yourself. Many years ago, we (my wife and I) lost our original marriage cert whilst moving house and therefore had to submit an updated Kor Ror 2. Beginning of next year when I action my final 90 days entry, I will be applying for yearly retirement extensions. The 90 day visa runs will be a thing of the past. Thanks for your report.
Create an account or sign in to comment