thai will

whiteman

ok the above sticky looks to me to be so outdated and not relevant unless you use a Issan lawyer listed therefore can some of you kind fellow supply me with a good English speaking Lawyer either in Sriracha or Phattaya so that I can proceed to have a my Thai will arranged.

Thank you

19 minutes ago, inThailand said:

19 minutes ago, inThailand said:

You don't need a lawyer to write a Thai will, same back home

Not quite the same as back home, there you don't need a will in a foreign language, here you do

Your will must be both in Thai and in English,   doesn't need to be any fancy translation by MFA or some entity like that.  Just simple Thai and simple English.  The Thai version is required since all wills in Thailand must go through the probate process via a Thai court in order for the executor to obtain the court authorization to  dispose of your property here in Thailand

It goes without saying that you should have a will for your Thai assets and another in your home country for assets located there 

You don't need a lawyer to write the will but will need one to probate it.  Many Amphurs will certify a will and store if for a small fee.  This insures that there will be no changes to the will

If you do have a lawyer do a will for you make sure that the original is not retained by the lawyer but is given to your heir or executor.   Thai lawyers have a poor reputation when it comes to handling  estates

Thanks for all the advice so far but IS ANY ONE OUT THERE who has used a lawyer lately that can supply me with their contact details remembering that I live in Chonburi I am 40 mins away from Phattaya but can go there if required

8 hours ago, whiteman said:

Thanks for all the advice so far but IS ANY ONE OUT THERE who has used a lawyer lately that can supply me with their contact details remembering that I live in Chonburi I am 40 mins away from Phattaya but can go there if required

You could call and ask Euro Law. Based on a rec from on here a while ago I contacted them to get my passport certified.  Rina speaks English and Thai (and possibly other languages) and works with their lawyer. She struck me as being very efficient and the price for one page was only 500 baht so there is a chance their prices may be more reasonable then some others.

The full title on the card is Thai-Euro Law & Advisory Co Ltd. Office phone no. is 038426665. Email [email protected]

They are located in the soi that runs parallel to Pattaya Tai and is in between Pattaya Tai and the BIG C on Sukhumvit.

Magna Carta always gets good recommendations but I found them (relatively) very expensive in the past. http://magnacarta.co.th/

Archived