Aeon Bank ATMs

elzach

Where are the Aeon Bank ATMs in Pattaya? I mistakenly assumed that Big C supercenters would have one, but the one at Central Marina does not. The Aeon web site only shows three ATMs, 2 at Tesco Lotus and 1 at the Big C on Pattaya Klang. Is that possible?

Thanks!

the Big C at Pattaya Klang indeed has one. As you enter via the main entrance, just walk straight toward the restrooms, on the way to there you will find a row of ATMs, including an AEON ATM. Harbor Mall, 200 Meters up the road from Big C does have one too on the basement floor, next to the entrance of the AEON supermarket on the left, though that one seems to be running out of paper to print the transaction slip almost permanently. The Tesco Lotus on Pattaya Nuea road, walkable distance from the dolphin roundabout, used to have one too, but I haven't used it since a long time so no guarantee if it's still there

1 hour ago, elzach said:

The Aeon web site only shows three ATMs, 2 at Tesco Lotus and 1 at the Big C on Pattaya Klang. Is that possible?

Years ago when this was interesting to me: quite possible.

AEON ATMs are rare.

I remember the one at Tesco Lotus on North Pattaya rd.

Forgot about the others.

The one in the district town close to where I live had at first been downgraded to an older box and now vanished.

The advantage of AEON ATMs has dwindled close to zero.

Technical transaction limit cut down to 20'000 (formerly up to 100'000).

Is there still a lesser fee than at other banks? (150 vs. 220?).

Not much attraction anymore.

41 minutes ago, allane said:

For the information of all concerned, AEON is not a bank. It is a consumer finance company.

1 minute ago, KhunBENQ said:

AEON ATMs are rare.

Forgot about the others.

Agree I would not walk for an hour just to access an AEON ATM, but if you patronize shopping outlets that have an AEON ATM on their premises, it certainly makes sense to use THEM and not those provided by the Thai banking Mafia (with an additional "convenience option" to use currency conversion at a 3-5% worse rate than usual).

Still waiting for the first zero-charge BANK OF CHINA ATM in Pattaya, as I rarely have access to the one at Mega Bangna nowadays

Aeon ATM s in Pattaya,  Tesco Lotus South , top floor next to MK, Tesco Lotus North , two next to their Bank , Big C Extra Pattaya Klang next to the restroom passage. Current charge is 150 baht per withdrawal , limit is 20,000 baht per withdrawal. 

30 minutes ago, JohnC said:

Aeon ATM s in Pattaya,  Tesco Lotus South , top floor next to MK, Tesco Lotus North , two next to their Bank , Big C Extra Pattaya Klang next to the restroom passage. Current charge is 150 baht per withdrawal , limit is 20,000 baht per withdrawal. 

Thanks for the update.

Compare that to an ATM that spits 30'000 for 220 fee and you are at zero advantage.

150/20000 = 0.0075

220/30000 = 0.0073

1 hour ago, siam2007 said:

with an additional "convenience option" to use currency conversion at a 3-5% worse rate than usual).

That's indeed THE pitfall to beware of (DCC).

Whenever you see an amount displayed in your home currency -> cancel. Wrong option.

2 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

AEON ATMs are rare.

Forgot about the others.

The one in the district town close to where I live had at first been downgraded to an older box and now vanished.

Technical transaction limit cut down to 20'000 (formerly up to 100'000).

Agreed, the advantage is dwindling. But if you do your shopping at Big C or Tesco then there's no reason not to use them.

Btw, Aeon ATMs are not so rare, outside of Pattaya that is. In Rayong, of all places, I see 6 ATMs on their site. And in BKK they are in every single Big C and Tesco, i.e. everywhere.

The reason I believe is that Aeon targets the "local" market, not the tourist areas.

4 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

Thanks for the update.

Compare that to an ATM that spits 30'000 for 220 fee and you are at zero advantage.

150/20000 = 0.0075

220/30000 = 0.0073

Whenever you see an amount displayed in your home currency -> cancel. Wrong option.

The problem with your illustration is your assumption that everyone can withdraw 30,000 baht with their debit or credit cards. Most UK cards have a limit of £500 per withdrawal or less. Many as little as £250.

Apart from that, not everyone will want or need to pull out 30,000 baht every time. What are you thinking? :smile:

So no need for the universal pronouncements of "zero advantage" as it is most certainly not the case. Perhaps not interesting for you, but interesting for many others.

as of August 2017, I can confirm that there are still Aeon ATM in Big C Extra on Klang, and another, lesser known one in front of Maxvalue Supermarket(Owned by Aeon) in Harbor on Klang up the road next to Foodland

The ones in Tesco North and South are in the Aeon 'shop' isn't it?

To confirm my post, the Aeon machines in Tesco North are next to the Aeon Bank (shop?) on the ground floor, the Aeon machine in Tesco South is on the first floor (second floor for Americans) next to MK restaurant in the food court. I don't use Harbour Mall so I cannot comment on that one. 

31 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

It could - many banks charge a set fee in addition to percentage for foreign ATM usage.

The set fee will still be cheaper than the Thailand ATM withdrawal charge.  So they can never be worse off.

All things being equal; If 20k limit. Let's say their card charges 2.25€ each time and they need 30k.  30k machine charges 220 baht (5.6€ + 2.25€ = 7.75€)

20k machine charges nothing. So two withdrawals at 2.25€ each. 5.5€.

So it doesn't matter.

On 8/3/2017 at 0:02 PM, johng said:

I heard that bank of China ATM's dont charge the outrageous 180+++ baht fee
Don't think there are any in Pattaya .....yet.

180 baht is ancient history. It went up to 200 baht at the end of 2015, then to 220 this year.

On 8/3/2017 at 1:04 PM, KhunBENQ said:

Thanks for the update.

150/20000 = 0.0075

220/30000 = 0.0073

There is an advantage then... I always use TMB ATM's to get 30,000 to save. I don't really need to get that much cash and I only take that much to save on fees... so Big C Xtra is convenient for me - I'll give that a go next time.

43 minutes ago, tropo said:

There is an advantage then... I always use TMB ATM's to get 30,000 to save. I don't really need to get that much cash and I only take that much to save on fees... so Big C Xtra is convenient for me - I'll give that a go next time.

Exactly.

Of course no one needs that much cash for his everyday use.

I am thinking of those who withdraw their monthly pension/income from the home country.

And in this perspective 30k is not a big sum.

250 GBP withdrawal limit (as cited) is really meager.

On 8/5/2017 at 3:07 PM, KhunBENQ said:

Exactly.

Of course no one needs that much cash for his everyday use.

I am thinking of those who withdraw their monthly pension/income from the home country.

And in this perspective 30k is not a big sum.

250 GBP withdrawal limit (as cited) is really meager.

It doesn't go far, I know. One rent payment and it's gone, but I pay for most of my living expenses by card, which is cheaper than using an ATM to take out cash. 

On 8/3/2017 at 0:02 PM, johng said:

I heard that bank of China ATM's dont charge the outrageous 180+++ baht fee
Don't think there are any in Pattaya .....yet.

Indeed they don't charge ANY fee, and the one at Mega Bangna was super-convenient for me in the past.

No Bank of China in Pattaya yet, but considering the number of Chinese tourists, I don't think it will take long until a branch appears.

From what I remember, the withdrawal limit was 25K (or 25 bills)

Archived