O visa in Penang

23 minutes ago, Here2008 said:

No. -- You would need 800KBht in the bank or an Embassy certified income of 65K Bht/month

How does the Embassy in Penang check a bank balance in Thailand? The last time I checked Bank of Bangkok in Penang told me they had no connection with Bank of Bangkok in Thailand they were a separate company.

Edited by amvet
edit

Just now, amvet said:

How does the Embassy check a bank balance in Thailand?

An  Embassy is not required to check a bank balance!  You provide your bank book and a letter from the bank attesting to the balance. 

If you rely on proving income then how that is achieved depends on your Embassy in Thailand. 

I hope this is clear.

1 minute ago, Here2008 said:

An  Embassy is not required to check a bank balance!  You provide your bank book and a letter from the bank attesting to the balance. 

If you rely on proving income then how that is achieved depends on your Embassy in Thailand. 

I hope this is clear.

You mean one has to go to Thailand to get a bank letter and bring it back to Penang and how recent does the bank balance need to be in the bank book?

6 minutes ago, amvet said:

You mean one has to go to Thailand to get a bank letter and bring it back to Penang and how recent does the bank balance need to be in the bank book?

I suggest you take what you have to the Penang Thai Consulate. They will tell you if you meet their requirements for the issuance of the O visa. 

19 minutes ago, Here2008 said:

I suggest you take what you have to the Penang Thai Consulate. They will tell you if you meet their requirements for the issuance of the O visa. 

Sorry.  I thought you knew what the requirements for an O visa in Penang were hence my questions. 

33 minutes ago, amvet said:

You need to update the bank book showing 800k baht or more before leaving the country. If you have money in a bank outside the country they will accept that in Penang.

In Penang you also need proof you are retired to apply for a non-o visa for being 50 or over for retirement. Most people get a income letter from their embassy  showing any of amount of income to meet that requirement.

1 hour ago, amvet said:

They will accept a recent bank statement from your non Thai bank.