Yellow Book at Hang Dong Amphur

davehowden

I wanted to open a deposit account with Krung Thai Bankl and one of the documents they require is a Yellow Book.

Went to the Amphur at Hang Dong to find out what was currently required to get a Yellow Book and was given a small slip of paper (in Thai) which listed what was required, as follows:

All the normal passport stuff (picture page, visa, extensions ...) etc.

Details of my parents (DOB, DOD ...)

Blue Tabien Baan for where we live.

Wife's ID

Need for Head Man to guarantee me by being present and presumably signing something.

Also submitted Thai Marriage Certificate which was not a requirement.

The following day; having made all my photocopies; I went to check that all of my ducks were in a row before invoking the Head Man from his daily labors to be told that there was a large list of Farangs wanting Yellow Books and they would call the wife when they wanted us to attend, left all the copies I had made together with wife's phone number.  No receipt for my photocopies was issued.

Maybe the ridiculously long winded process for getting a Residence Certificates at Promenada is triggering the surge for Yellow Books ??

Don't know if their reason for the delay is valid or just a fob off.

Anybody else getting the same story?

24 minutes ago, observer90210 said:

Does your police station not deliver residence certificates as I have read it often here?

I have banked with Ayudhya bank for ions and open several new accounts every year. You only need a passport. Find a new branch. 

3 hours ago, inThailand said:

I have banked with Ayudhya bank for ions and open several new accounts every year. You only need a passport. Find a new branch. 

Find a main branch ie not the satellite banks in shopping centres some are very nervous to do anything  

When i got my Yellow Book at Hang Dong 8 years ago the Lady there told us not to bother with the Village Head Man but bring Neighbours who knew me or close family of my Wife.  In the end we had wife's Sister and Cousin who lived either side of us at that time and they accepted that.   Just depends on the person you meet at the office on any given day, rather like all Officialdom in this country.

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, davehowden said:

I have now been told I need a "Letter of Guarantee" from Immigration which I interpret as a "Certificate of Residence".

Am I correct ?

Most likely, never heard of a Letter of Guarantee,pity you didnt get confirmation at the time.

You know how the goal post keep moving but a residence letter has always been top of the list.

19 hours ago, Sparkles said:

Most likely, never heard of a Letter of Guarantee,pity you didnt get confirmation at the time.

You know how the goal post keep moving but a residence letter has always been top of the list.

How right you are...

Three, or is it four times, the Kweng at Nong Hoi has moved the  goal posts to foil my attempts to get a Yellow Book

And each time the 500 baht Certificate of Residence was his top requirement

Archived