August 6, 20179 yr I got my new retirement visa - valid only for 3 months - it expires on Oct 15th. We want to go to China early October (school hols) and wouldn't be back before 15th. Can I apply to extend for 1 year early and how far ahead should I do this (does it have to go to the regional office again or will this just be something done at the local office on the day of application). Also anyone have experience of applying for China visa in Thailand? Thanks
August 6, 20179 yr You can apply for an extension of stay based on retirement up to 30 days prior to your current permission to stay date being reached. You apply for the extension at your local immigration office. The extension is normally granted on the day of application. Do not forget you will need a re-entry permit ! I have assumed you are aware of the financial requirements for the extension.
August 6, 20179 yr Many offices will let you apply up to 45 days early. There is nothing lost in applying early as the new extension will start from when the current one expires.
August 7, 20179 yr Can anyone point me to download of the retirement extension form. I used to have a blank download but I can't find it anymore. Thanks Bill
August 7, 20179 yr Just now, billd766 said: Can anyone point me to download of the retirement extension form. All extension applications are made using a TM7 form. Download, complete and print 2 sided this Fillable TM7 form.pdf
August 7, 20179 yr 5 minutes ago, billd766 said: Can anyone point me to download of the retirement extension form. I used to have a blank download but I can't find it anymore. Thanks Bill It's a TM7. You can download it from here; http://bangkok.immigration.go.th/en/base.php?page=download
August 7, 20179 yr 2 minutes ago, ubonjoe said: All extension applications are made using a TM7 form. Download, complete and print 2 sided this Fillable TM7 form.pdf Thanks for that UJ. I had forgotten the form number and I wandered around the Thi Immigration site, ticked English but I still couldn't find it. Then I found this thread and tagged on the end of it.
August 7, 20179 yr 1 minute ago, Tanoshi said: It's a TM7. You can download it from here; http://bangkok.immigration.go.th/en/base.php?page=download The download of the TM7 form on that page is for the old form. New one is here on the immigration bureau website. https://www.immigration.go.th/download/1486547929418.pdf
August 7, 20179 yr 5 minutes ago, ubonjoe said: The download of the TM7 form on that page is for the old form. New one is here on the immigration bureau website. https://www.immigration.go.th/download/1486547929418.pdf Still all in Thai text, but a much more extensive list than last time I looked. Under > Downloads > Number 14 on the list of documents. (pdf format) https://www.immigration.go.th/download/
August 7, 20179 yr 12 minutes ago, Tanoshi said: Still all in Thai text, but a much more extensive list than last time I looked. Under > Downloads > Number 14 on the list of documents. (pdf format) https://www.immigration.go.th/download/ Google translate works on it. All the new forms are only in PDF format. Forms that were not revised are only in the document format.
August 7, 20179 yr 17 minutes ago, Negita43 said: Thanks everybody I'll try the other forum for info about China visa . Yes. Info here: http://www.chinaembassy.or.th/eng/zgqz/sqzn/ You will need a letter of invitation. Application centre and contact details here: http://www.chinaembassy.or.th/eng/zgqz/visa1/ Edited August 7, 20179 yr by Tanoshi
Create an account or sign in to comment