expat hangouts in ubon ratchatani

rocket2

moving to thailand with a baby for the winter and will be spending a month or or so in ubon.  any good expat bars/hangouts in town? 

we will probably be staying at the Sunee Grand as the swimming pool looks like the bees knees.  

Over the course of this week I'm doing an entertainment guide/map for some visiting Chiang Mai hashers. PM me your e-mail address and I'll copy you in!

You should bring your baby out on Ubon Hash. We had Outside Inn's bairn running with us this weekend; actually come to think, she was the only one of 18 who did much running!59898b1e1c0ef_Run105OutsideInn_HuaiWangNongBabyBrooklynBorntoRunbyGhettomaster5aug17.jpg.bf4dda610c52b70bbb6bbc01e61dffd1.jpg 

59898b3947134_Run105OutsideInn_HuaiWangNongPre-OnOut1byGhettomaster5aug17.jpg.623e7a3fb0ecb1ebf1fa003b57e7d74d.jpg

6 hours ago, SantiSuk said:

Over the course of this week I'm doing an entertainment guide/map for some visiting Chiang Mai hashers. PM me your e-mail address and I'll copy you in!

You should bring your baby out on Ubon Hash. We had Outside Inn's bairn running with us this weekend; actually come to think, she was the only one of 18 who did much running!59898b1e1c0ef_Run105OutsideInn_HuaiWangNongBabyBrooklynBorntoRunbyGhettomaster5aug17.jpg.bf4dda610c52b70bbb6bbc01e61dffd1.jpg 

59898b3947134_Run105OutsideInn_HuaiWangNongPre-OnOut1byGhettomaster5aug17.jpg.623e7a3fb0ecb1ebf1fa003b57e7d74d.jpg

That's very nice pics indeed. I wonder who shot them :whistling:

On 8/8/2017 at 11:30 PM, bergen said:

That's very nice pics indeed. I wonder who shot them :whistling:

Yes Bergen. My bad. I usually give (/have always given?) you credit when I post your pics on our Ubon Hash House Harriers web page

https://www.facebook.com/ubonhash

Simply forgot this time - :sorry: 

Hope you will not mind if I include some of your excellent pics in my usual reprise of the hash on our webpage (with credits of course - though it's getting increasingly difficult to detect who shot what given the amount of sharing that is going on on Faceegg). Can understand your annoyance when it gets to the stage of members passing off your good 'hash flash' work! Hope it doesn't stop you.

Nice to see that Ubon is emulating the Bangkok Hash and encouraging the act of running :clap2:.  :drunk::guitar:

The guy with the Pattaya-esque socks has them on the wrong legs. "There is a little bit or port left in my glass". That being said odd socks are encouraged. :laugh: That being said the Arsenal shorts are a little bit over the top. (Where's the Watford smiley?)

Edited by VocalNeal

I think that must be Bangkok hashing code! It's a new one on me and I don't think that Gispert* would have been a port drinker, as most hashing is founded on beer-drinking:smile:

'Flash Git'

GM, Ubon H3

aka Santisuk

* thought to be the leading founder of a number of military personnel who in the mid/late 1930s in Malaysia converted British schoolboy hare and hounds activities into the (now world-wide past-time of) Hash House Harriers  

Edited by SantiSuk

Navel Code captain-smiley-emoticon.gif  Red for port (left) Green for starboard (right). 

Otherwise  they would be  blue/yellow and not green/red? chugger-smiley-emoticon.gif

penalty-save-smiley-emoticon.gif

Gomez rules :whistling:

Edited by VocalNeal