August 7, 20179 yr The reports of receiving or being denied a visa at a Thai embassy are useful, but there doesn't seem to be much info on visa exemptions. Since July, 2015 I've spent the majority of my time in Thailand: --- July 2015 --- Visa exempt entry + extension 2 months outside of Thailand Visa exempt entry(left Thailand after 15 days) outside of Thailand for a month Visa exempt entry five day trip to KL Visa exempt entry 2 months outside of Thailand Visa exempt entry + extension 2 months outside of Thailand SETV + extension SETV SETV + extension 2 weeks in Laos Visa exempt + extension 2.5 months out of Thailand --- I'm here now --- I'm already in SE Asia and would like to use visa exempt entry one more time before I travel back to America. What are the odds of a non-hippy-backpacker, mid-30s American male being refused entry if I have a hotel booking, proof of onward travel, and 20,000THB? The immigration officer didn't ask me anything when he issued my last visa exemption. Second question: I've received 3 SETVs from the Thai embassy in Vientiane, but still haven't received a warning stamp. What are my odds of getting one more SETV there? I realize that there is a bit of variation depending on the individual immigration officer, but I would like to here other's opinions on the matter.
August 7, 20179 yr In your situation I would prefer a tourist visa from any consulate/embassy other than Vientiane.
August 7, 20179 yr Looking at your I history I would say you should not have a problem getting another visa exempt entry.
August 7, 20179 yr Author 3 minutes ago, ubonjoe said: Looking at your I history I would say you should not have a problem getting another visa exempt entry. Thanks, ubonjoe. I'm going to give it a try. I'll post an update regardless of the outcome.
August 7, 20179 yr What about the METV multiple entry tourist visas valid for 6 months? Does immigration frown if the required visa run after 60 days is done on a 24 or 48 hour basis?
August 7, 20179 yr I think "increased scrutiny" is likely entering on your 7th visa exempt entry. Usually, as @ubonjoe indicated,, the immigration official is likely to conclude that your pattern of entries is not that of a typical illegal worker, and you will likely be OK. I do, however think using a tourist visa would be more prudent. Note: if planning to enter by land be aware that only two visa exempt entries by land are allowed per year. I do not think another SETV from Vientiane would be a problem, but they will likely give you the red stamp along with your visa.
August 10, 20179 yr Author Update: I was granted a visa exemption at DMK. The immigration officer did count my previous visa exemptions and/or SETVs which prompted her to ask how long I planned on staying this time. She didn't ask for proof of funds, an onward ticket, or a hotel booking.
August 10, 20179 yr Kudos to you for posting an update.It is rare that posters bother with an update after they have weathered the storm.Sent from my ASUS_Z00UD using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app
August 10, 20179 yr On 8/7/2017 at 2:48 PM, CaptainKiiNiaw said: Thanks, ubonjoe. I'm going to give it a try. I'll post an update regardless of the outcome. It depends on how you are planning to enter, air or land on your Visa Exempt If air I think you may have a issue, your past history could certainly raise a flag with a I/O, if land you may also have a issue as you will be then trying to enter on your 7th VE, Thaivisaservice.com advise that you could have issues after your 6th VE Personally I would get a TV at Vientianne, you won't have a problem obtaining one and the I/O;s at Nongkhai are friendly (based on my experience)
Create an account or sign in to comment