My fiance's K-1 Interview

Hi everyone.   My fiance recently had her interview, and they focused on an almost 9 year old DUI while operating a motorcycle.  They want a 2nd police clearance and they are making her go for alcohol evaluation.  This girl rarely drinks, and only a little if any.  This was something that she did when she was 24, thought to be buried by the sands of time... but apparently not.  So we are not yet cleared for visas.  This surprises me that it would come up at the interview in such a way, because we disclosed it on the initial petition.  I don't know if this means it will be ok when she passes the medical exam and the police clearance certificate is corrected, or what the policy is..  you literally operate in a cloud of darkness.    Any input appreciated.

surely she's done the time for the crime!!

was it a Fine, a Licence suspension/cancellation, or jail time??

why can't they simply prevent her from driving, in the new promised land?

In America, a DUI (or DWI for other countries) is now right up there with drug trafficking, slavery, crimes of moral turpitude and the Holocaust. Has been that way for a long while but I would say that over the last 6-8 years, and definitely under the guidance of the Department of Homeland Paranoia, it has become more and more damning blemish on the otherwise impeccable bona fides of even the hopeful tourist visitor.