visas for thais to austrlaia

hello, 

I am about to start the process of getting visas to take the family on a 3 week holiday to Australia.

A bit about us.  Me and my thai wife have been married for 6 years. been together for 11 years.

We have a son together who is 9 years old this month he has a Australian passport.

Would my son  leave thailand on his thai passport or australian passport.

I also have a stepdaughter who is 16 years old and she would like to come for the trip.

Just looking for some helpful advise.  Is it easer to get an agency todo it for us.

we live in Udon Thani.

Many thanks in advance.

Cheers

Deansy1972

Edited by deansy1972

Have a read of the Australian Tourist Visa Application topic that's pinned in this section. I have posted the requirements there before.

I personally don't think you need an agent to do the application as it seems from what you have said a very straight forward and easy application to do on your own. You can do most of it for your Thai family.

You can do it online (via Australian immigration) or via VFS in Bangkok (VFS also have outposts), you will still need to go to VFS to do Bio-metrics for the non-Australian citizens.

Your son would leave on  a Thai passport, enter on his Australian passport, leave Australia on his Australian passport and enter Thailand on his Thai passport.

No visa is required for him.

Shouldn't be a problem taking the stepdaughter if she has a passport already, if she hasn't that's another issue.

Any other questions just ask. 

Edited by Surin13

Depends.

Does she a Thai passport? 

Is the father the legal father, ie, were the step-daughters parents legally married 

If they were then yes you will need his permission to get a passport and leave the country. You can get a letter of consent done by the father at the Amphur where the child/father is registered. (check with them for the requirements as it can vary) 

If they weren't you need to get Por Kor 14 letter from the Amphur to get a passport, it can also be used as permission to leave the country.

You will also have to supply it (consent) for her Tourist visa to Australia. 

That being said, if the girl is traveling with the mother, most often they wouldn't be asked for consent from the father at Thai immigration.

5 hours ago, Surin13 said:

Depends.

Does she a Thai passport? 

Is the father the legal father, ie, were the step-daughters parents legally married 

If they were then yes you will need his permission to get a passport and leave the country. You can get a letter of consent done by the father at the Amphur where the child/father is registered. (check with them for the requirements as it can vary) 

If they weren't you need to get Por Kor 14 letter from the Amphur to get a passport, it can also be used as permission to leave the country.

You will also have to supply it (consent) for her Tourist visa to Australia. 

That being said, if the girl is traveling with the mother, most often they wouldn't be asked for consent from the father at Thai immigration.

Thank you again for the info. We already got a passport for her. My wife was never legally married. It sound like we shouldn't have a problem. Thanks again for the great advice.

deansy1972

You shouldn't have a problem then, the application should be straight forward, just make sure you evidence any claims/statements you make in the application and cover the main points that I posted in the other thread. 

Enjoy your holiday. 

• 6 months later...

Hello Surin13,

i just received or visas to go to Australia and would just like to say thanks for the great advice you gave me. I was just wondering they sent the visas via email do I just print them of and use them when entering Australia or do I need to go to the embassy and get some sort of visa put in my wife’s passport. 

Thanks once again

deansy1972 

No problems, glad to be of help.

Visa's to Australia are electronic visa's, so there is no need for a visa stamp or to print out a copy, but I would advise to take the cautious approach and print out the grant page or at least have an electronic version just in case something goes wrong.