Fly in and out?

Arrived in March and got 30 day exemption and extended 30 days.  Then went to Laos got 60 day single entry, extended to 90 days.  So coming up to 5 months already.

Need to leave again soon but don't have a few days spare really to go for another tourist visa.  Would I be ok flying out and flying back maybe the next day?  I wouldn't fly back in same day.

Knowing your nationality and age might change my view. However, if that is your total history of visits to Thailand, it would be only your second visa exempt and a total stay of less than 180 days. You should be fine.

I've been here quite a lot that last few years.

I've got 3 tourist visas but only one from this year.  

Others are:

• October 2015 from Vientiane - used to enter Thailand same time (was a double entry - miss those days!!!)
  • August 2016 from London Embassy - used to enter Thailand in September 2016

I also got an exempt & extension was in Thailand December 2016 and extended in Chiang Mai.

UK Passport.

Are they likely to ask me anything?  Require proof of anything?  I'll probably be flying in from Vietnam.  If they refuse entry, what am I meant to do?  

Just now, randymarsh said:

Are they likely to ask me anything?  Require proof of anything?  I'll probably be flying in from Vietnam.  If they refuse entry, what am I meant to do?  

I suggest you have at least the equivalent of 20k baht in cash with you incase they ask. The rules say 10k baht for a visa exempt entry but I have heard of them asking for 20k baht.

17 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

I suggest you have at least the equivalent of 20k baht in cash with you incase they ask. The rules say 10k baht for a visa exempt entry but I have heard of them asking for 20k baht.

That is asking to see the cash. No reports of any IO chaps pocketing the 20k or 10k (yet).

3 hours ago, randymarsh said:

Do they have to see cash?  Bank statement or online banking screenshot not ok I'm guessing?

3 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Yes 

Only cash or travelers checks will be accepted for finanical proof.

FYI, any foreign currency you carry can be counted toward the B20,000 cash.

56 minutes ago, wpcoe said:

FYI, any foreign currency you carry can be counted toward the B20,000 cash.

Are you sure? How would the IO even know the exchange rate(s)? I'm sure, they, approximately, know how many baht 1,000 US dollars can buy, but how would they know if you came with Swiss francs or, God forbid, Philippine pesos...

How about, if you came with 350 euros and 350 US dollars?

4 hours ago, StayinThailand2much said:

Are you sure? How would the IO even know the exchange rate(s)? I'm sure, they, approximately, know how many baht 1,000 US dollars can buy, but how would they know if you came with Swiss francs or, God forbid, Philippine pesos...

Just to clarify a bit, foreign currency is OK, but it needs to be a major convertible currency,. I certainly would not try Philippine pesos. The exchange rate they will use will be that available at the airport currency exchange booths (which give lousy rates, but that should not matter as long as you are not trying to be cute on the amount of foreign currency you are carrying).

350 euros and US$ 350 would be OK..

13 hours ago, StayinThailand2much said:

The internet is a wonderful thing.  If they have questions they can always ask.

• Haha 1

So the answer of "How would the IO even know the exchange rate" is: They can use the Internet.

Now I'm totally blown away, you really think that a Thai Official is allowed and have access to use Internet and Google for information?

I believed that internet can only be used by tourist in Thailand.

I have never seen a black box, a screen, a key board, mouse and printer all together named a computer system in a Thai office.

I seen many people play with their smart phones, but that must only be games, not Facebook, Line, Whatsapp, Skype, Thai Visa Forum etc etc.

But on the other hand, when entering Thailand the IO swipes the passport trough a small black box and has a screen on his desk showing all the data,

so it looks like they have something what we call computer systems. 

You must love those tourist who still think Thailand is living in the stone age, but using the internet to ask questions.

10 minutes ago, Khun Robert said:

So the answer of "How would the IO even know the exchange rate" is: They can use the Internet.

Well, it would certainly explain why the IOs need quite long for each passenger: asking them how much and what currencies they're carrying, before checking the cross rates on XE.com, but also the exchange rates of the banks at the airport, then typing in the currency amount to determine whether it is the equivalent of 20,000 baht...

Rules are rules   why they are made because so many dont abide by them this 20 K is for people coming in and asking everybody for money after 2 weeks i have seen it and had been asked this month already

like theguy said you try to be smart and the immergration will be very difficult 

be normal and tell the truth they are ok

i flew in 2 weeks ago had 250 euro they did ask but i said have this  and the rest on my cards was n problem think also is who you get as the immergration officer  

also   dress clean  and have a clear apperance  it works wonders and as alays stay calm not shout 

10 hours ago, jeab1980 said:

OP can i ask as you are a tourist entering on a mixture of tourist visa's and 30 day exempt.

Why havent you got a few days to spare to get a TV?

I've got the time if I absolutely have to but just being lazy.  Prefer to be here and tired of visa applications & queueing in Vientiane.  So I thought if I can fly in and out, yeah I'll only get 60 days but for the hassle of 2 days in Laos... or 4 if I do it over this weekend, it's worth losing 30 days just to not bother.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, mikecha said:

Rules are rules   why they are made because so many dont abide by them this 20 K is for people coming in and asking everybody for money after 2 weeks i have seen it and had been asked this month already

like theguy said you try to be smart and the immergration will be very difficult 

be normal and tell the truth they are ok

i flew in 2 weeks ago had 250 euro they did ask but i said have this  and the rest on my cards was n problem think also is who you get as the immergration officer  

also   dress clean  and have a clear apperance  it works wonders and as alays stay calm not shout 

Ah the dress up card. Lol.