Bang Chang Night out .

banglay

Hello Everybody.

I fancy a change of scenery  and was thinking of going to Bang Chang  for a night out on the "Strip".......Never been before so  can any body recommend the bars to visit and the bars to avoid and the reason why ?????  and a good place to eat too

Plus I do not drink and drive so recommendations for a half descent hotel/guest house close to the strip would be nice to know too  with parking .

Thank in advance 

Cheers:partytime2:

You might try the Bottoms Up Bar.      That's the place where back  in June the owner got in a fight with a farang customers Thai wife.   You can give us all an update  on how things turned out.      For details you can search for the original post.     Search Bottoms Up Bar in Bang Chan might find it.

I've had decent meals in the Camel in recent weeks. The Camel pub is at the lower end of the strip. People say it's a bit like migrating salmon - they feed there and then go upstream to spawn.....

Both the Camel and the Chang/Sova Hotel next door have inexpensive rooms with aircon and tv.

When you say "the strip".... it's hardly Los Vagas....small one horse town really, but I love it for it's " back of beyond" feel about it, but it's mostly the beach area where I like to go for the peace and tranquility.

1 hour ago, dotpoom said:

When you say "the strip".... it's hardly Los Vagas....small one horse town really, but I love it for it's " back of beyond" feel about it, but it's mostly the beach area where I like to go for the peace and tranquility.

...before or after 'the strip'?

Ban Chang is not really a night place, it tends to be quiet after 9:00pm, and many girls start disappearing after 10 anyway. It tends to be more a late afternoon/ early evening venue. 

Food at Camel is pretty good, and the hotel next door is ok, but beds are mattress on a block of concrete !!!  Superior room around 800bht !!! 

I always stay at the Sova , right behind "the strip ". Convenient, especially because most of the bars don't allow the upstairs ST anymore. It ain't Pattaya in terms of quantity and quality, but there's always the occasional 'gem'. The Thai restaurant at pak Soi is good and cheap.

On 8/8/2017 at 4:13 PM, Eff1n2ret said:

I've had decent meals in the Camel in recent weeks. The Camel pub is at the lower end of the strip. People say it's a bit like migrating salmon - they feed there and then go upstream to spawn.....

Both the Camel and the Chang/Sova Hotel next door have inexpensive rooms with aircon and tv.

Camel had dynamic Sean with big visions to revitalise Camel  a few months ago ... tried hard ... keen lad ...Heineken 99/pint happy hour, new menu, etc. Didn't last long ... back to 130/pint again today and the girls back looking Facebook. TIT