Tesco home delivery service.

Coconut Kidd

Yes, used it many times when I was living at a condo in Phuket Town.

Great for getting bulk stuff like cases of soda water and ginger ale that I can't carry on the scooter.

Pick a delivery slot time as you complete your order, they are always punctual.

Can even pay at the door with a card.

Recommended

I use them all the time.  60 baht for delivery is completely worth it.

Like Argus said, they are great for getting heavy stuff like liquids and such.  I've even ordered things like linens and towels.  They also sell some kitchen devices like rice cookers and such.  I've even ordered a replacement for my air conditioner remote control through them.

Sometimes they have some good coupons too, for example, recently they had a coupon for 500 baht off of a 3000 baht order.

They have been quite late a few times, especially when it rains, but it wasn't a big deal for me.  Might be a bigger deal if you have to be somewhere that day and are depending on them hitting their time slot.  One time they were really late and they just left my whole order with the condo front desk.

They've also come earlier than expected a few times and they seem to freak out if you aren't there.

Sometimes they'll make some questionable "substitutions" if they are out of stock of a particular item.  I'd rather they just leave it out.  You can refuse any substitution that you don't like but I always feel bad for the delivery guy.

I probably wouldn't order meats or seafood through them even though they have a refrigerated truck.  Too risky.  Produce seems to be fine.

15 hours ago, Argus Tuft said:

Yes, used it many times when I was living at a condo in Phuket Town.

Great for getting bulk stuff like cases of soda water and ginger ale that I can't carry on the scooter.

Pick a delivery slot time as you complete your order, they are always punctual.

Can even pay at the door with a card.

Recommended

very good service , 60 baht del. charge can be offset with coupon discounts up to 300-400 baht depending on total spent . google tesco lotus online discounts .

I have been using in Bangkok since it started 3 years ago and overall very positive - almost always fresh and when not they normally indicate by bag color so you can turn down.  The substitutions are in case you really need and clearly marked as such so no problem turning them down (I do about half the time - just driver has to use calculator to get new price).  Last few months they have encouraged larger order with about 10% off coupons available every week (300 for 3k purchase and such) and they still provide discount if items are not available taking total below the set amount..  

On 8/9/2017 at 8:55 AM, mikiea said:

very good service , 60 baht del. charge can be offset with coupon discounts up to 300-400 baht depending on total spent . google tesco lotus online discounts .

in phuket they dont charge 60B any more.... Delivery 0B only :)

• 2 weeks later...

I use them regularly in the Sattahip area, delivery out of Pattaya.

They have recently started charging 30 baht delivery for certain time slots. No biggy.

Lately they have been out of four or five items every week.

I look forward to a new delivery service, Honest Bee , which delivers from several stores including Villa Market, once they expand their service area. Beef, lamb, and decent bread are amongst the offerings not available, at least in English, from Tesco.

Edited by Bill Miller