That Tingling Feeling

fanciman

electrified :D :D :D

(Now that is a d****d good smiley)

Why does this happen? The house was newly wired up by some reputable chappies, apparently. The holes in the wall are 2 plug holes.

Why do i have to get this electrifying feeling when i touch my computer case? Do i have to call in the electricians again and tell them they did it wrong?

Or, :o am I the one to blame?

Why does this happen? The house was newly wired up by some reputable chappies, apparently. The holes in the wall are 2 plug holes.

Why do i have to get this electrifying feeling when i touch my computer case? Do i have to call in the electricians again and tell them they did it wrong?

Or, :D am I the one to blame?

They forgot the third hole (earthlead) :o if you call them back they have start over again and replace the sockets as well, one could make an earthlead on the casing just by attaching an elec. wire and attach the other end to a metal part in the house which leads into the ground (eventually)

Or, :o am I the one to blame?

I used to get zapped a lot in my old house, even worse with my Titanium Powerbook as the whole chassis is a conductor.

So I built my new house with ground (earth) - all 3-prong plugs throughout. No more zapping here :D Increases the cable cost by 1/3rd and you have to get a guy who knows what he's doing, but well worth it IMHO.

You can retrofit your old house with that, just slam a large steel rod in the ground and hook it up to the third cable, then wire it everywhere. I didn't do that in the old house since it wasn't mine, just rented. But Thai labor costs are extremely reasonable.