BMA to open new 100-rai park in Bang Bon district

webfact

BMA to open new 100-rai park in Bang Bon district

By The Nation

The Bangkok Metropolitan Administration (BMA) plans to open a new 100-rai park in Bang Bon district in December. Deputy BMA governor Chakkraphan Phiewngarm said the city administration has leased a plot of 100 rai from the Crown Property Bureau to develop the park on Soi 82 off Rama II Road.

The park is part of the BMA’s plan to increase green areas in the capital to a ratio of 9 square metres per resident by 2032. Currently, the BMA has 2,983 rai of parks in the capital, proving parkland at a ratio of 6.14 square metres per person.

The new park is under development with a budget of Bt366.5 million, he said.

It will also be used for flood water retention with a large pond, a project to use plants to treat waste water, and for studying the ecology system.

He said some 20 rai of the land would be allocated for large trees to provide habitat for birds.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30323397

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-08-10

Well i hope they also place good and nice benches in the park. Mostly they are all broken within 2 years which is a shame.

Also i hope they make it nice, no straight rows of all the same tree's please...Make it a nice birdfood park.

Population of Bangkok,depending on which site you visit, 8.28 to 10 million. Let's just go with 10 million so 9 square meter per person 9x10.000.000 divided by 1600 to get the result in rai equals 56.250 rai, now my math is not the greatest but I think there is quite a way to go.