B Visa Kuala Lumpur

I currently have an extension of stay based on retirement. I have been offered a job and need to get a B visa. I need to pick up something in KL so logically it would kill two birds with one stone to get the visa there. I have two questions. I have heard that it can be difficult to get a visa in KL. Is this true? If so where is the best place. I live in the south. Secondly, I will be working as a scuba instructor and might want to change back to a retirement extension of stay after the season ends. Is this OK with immigration? Thanks.

You will need a work permit application approval letter to apply for the non-b visa.

It is 5.2 on this list of required documents. http://www.thaiembassy.org/kualalumpur/contents/files/services-20170329-105635-807825.pdf

You may have to leave an re-enter the country to make  your current extension based upon retirement invalid to apply for the work permit. Most work permit offices will not accept an application with an extension based upon retirement.

You change back to retirement after you finish working without a problem. If you get an extension of stay based upon working you would need to cancel it in order to apply for the retirement extension.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Somtamnication said:

Ubon, my new employer is forcing me to get a Non B. Usually a NON O multiple can be changed to a B at an immigration office.

If I get a single entry B at KL, would it void the multiple entry O? 

You cannot change non immigrant visa categories. I think you applied for an extension of stay based upon working (it is not a visa) with a non-o visa entry.

If KL issues the non-b visa they would likely cancel the non-o visa before issuing it.

• Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...
21 hours ago, Gtto said:

Since my extension of stay is cancelled when I leave the country should I get a re entry permit in case the B visa is denied?

Have you applied for a work permit? Without doing that the application for the non-b visa will not be accepted.

Best not to get  a re-entry permit to keep your extension based upon retirement valid since you more than likely will not be allowed to apply for a work permit with it.

Best to get a single entry tourist visa if you cannot get the non-b visa.

Edited by ubonjoe
fixed typo

Joe,

I am a little confused by your answer. "more than likely be allowed to apply for a work permit with it". Do you mean I will more than likely be allowed to apply for a work permit while keeping the extension or is a "not" missing somewhere in there? Thanks.

6 minutes ago, Gtto said:

Joe,

I am a little confused by your answer. "more than likely be allowed to apply for a work permit with it". Do you mean I will more than likely be allowed to apply for a work permit while keeping the extension or is a "not" missing somewhere in there? Thanks.

Sorry

It is corrected now.