Re-entry with a multiple re-entry permit

Hi All

I will re-enter Thailand soon, and have a question.

I have a Non-Imm O-A Long Stay and stayed for just under a year. I left the country before the use by date and got another year. Next, I got a multiple re-entry permit which shows that I can stay until summer next year (2018).

However, I just noticed that the IO removed my original entry card in my passport when I left. The re-entry permit clearly states that I am good until next year (and Ihave the receipt for it).

Is this normal? Am I in any danger of having problems upon re-entry?

Ubon Joe?

The departure part of the arrival card is always taken out of your passport when you leave the county.

Your re-entry permit has a expiration date that is same as the admitted until date on the entry stamp that you got from your last entry from you OA visa. That is the date the immigration officer will stamp you in until.

Be sure you write the re-entry permit number in the space for visa number on the new arrival card you will complete before entry.

• Like 1

On 8/11/2017 at 0:54 PM, Thanyaburi Mac said:

In addition to writing the Re-Entry Permit number in the Visa space, I also write next to it on the same line in capital letters:  RE-ENTRY PERMIT.  I also put a flag on that page in my passport.

Mac

They say that the true test of another man's intelligence is how much he agrees with you, so Mac is a VERY intelligent guy :smile:. I also did everything noted above and added a verbal heads up to the IO.

I sailed through Swampy this morning just as UbonJoe predicted (was there ever any doubt?).

I had an added twist. My multiple re-entry stamp is actually two stamps;one with the info and another on top of it to make it official (presumably). The second stamp (I think this is country wide, but am very wary of that assumption) blotted out the re-entry number in places, so I had a partial re-entry number on my T 06 form. I informed the IO that I did not have the complete re-entry number on the form, but she just laughed. As near as I could tell, she just looked at the end date of the permit and stamped me in until that time.

Which brings me to the reason for this post.

I am truly grateful to all who participate in this forum, and pretty much everything I know about the Thai immigration system comes from this forum. And if I am to be honest, I have been visiting Thailand for over twenty years with very short visits and long term stays plus everything in-between and I have never had a problem that wasn't a result of my own stupidity (not ignorance, stupidity!). However, I am a bit paranoid about anything to do with Thai Immigration, and I think that also comes from the forum. I would just say to all members that perhaps we all need to chill a bit. I do not doubt the horror stories that I sometimes see here, but the VAST majority of interactions with immigration are essentially painless and trouble free.

It is good to remember that sometimes.

Cheers

• Like 1