TMN Cable TV channel changes?

SurfRider

TMN Cable TV provider appears to have made changes in their analog channel lineup today (August 11), including no more Fox News (spare the normal snide remarks please :smile: )

I couldn't reach them by phone.  Does anyone have any insight on these changes?

Thanks in advance for any comments.

I've pieced together some data on Fox News from various sources and it appears that the license to broadcast Fox in Thailand expired on August 11.  In typical TiT fashion, one source said nothing can be done to bring it back and another said the the license will be renewed and payment is pending.  I contacted Fox-International in New York, they asked for the name of the cable provider - I gave them TMN and Sophon and told them that it appeared that Fox was out in all of Thailand.

Here's the response from Fox International in NYC:

Dear Mr. ____,

Thank you for the information. I’ve notified our team in Asia and will be in touch as soon as I have new information.
We appreciate all our Fox News viewers especially those living abroad.

Best regards,
Teresa Rivera
VP, International Distribution
FOX News Channel

I subscribe to Sophon Cable in Pattaya. Yes, FOX is gone, and I don't care as I haven't watched it for more then 12 years. But Star World is also gone, just when their new shows were going to air next month. Sad. To my knowledge, BBC news is not broadcast currently in Thailand. I miss that channel.

On 8/14/2017 at 6:12 AM, champers said:

Doctor Manny is no more. Woe is me. ?

what a piece of shit ..you get where it is coming from with its words 'As a man who delivers babIes for a living'..and his being an expert on tampons and breast feeding..What a creep with a ridiculous 'name'..Cab you see Dr Samedei calling himself sammy or dr Segal as dr markie?? 

1 hour ago, p414 said:

what a piece of shit ..you get where it is coming from with its words 'As a man who delivers babIes for a living'..and his being an expert on tampons and breast feeding..What a creep with a ridiculous 'name'..Cab you see Dr Samedei calling himself sammy or dr Segal as dr markie?? 

His nutrition and dietary advice is very helpful. Now, if he could just follow that advice himself.....?

On 8/13/2017 at 2:05 AM, SurfRider said:

I've pieced together some data on Fox News from various sources and it appears that the license to broadcast Fox in Thailand expired on August 11.  In typical TiT fashion, one source said nothing can be done to bring it back and another said the the license will be renewed and payment is pending.  I contacted Fox-International in New York, they asked for the name of the cable provider - I gave them TMN and Sophon and told them that it appeared that Fox was out in all of Thailand.

Here's the response from Fox International in NYC:

Dear Mr. ____,

Thank you for the information. I’ve notified our team in Asia and will be in touch as soon as I have new information.
We appreciate all our Fox News viewers especially those living abroad.

Best regards,
Teresa Rivera
VP, International Distribution
FOX News Channel

Fox is still available on Home Cable in Udon Thani.

Finally received a response from Fox News International.  Apparently, it's not a country wide Thailand issue, but the individual decision of various cable TV distributors.  TMN in Pattaya is a vendor that decided not to carry Fox.  They didn't mention Sophon, but it appears to be the same situation.  If any individual subscribers to any TV vendor would like to see Fox returned to their service, it would probably be best to make your wishes known to the vendor.

Here is the response from Fox:

Fox News is being distributed by, MeTV (UiTV) and AIS Playbox nationwide, there is no licensing issue in the country.

TMN has decided not to continue to carry Fox News.  Our team in Asia is working to resolve the issue.  In the meantime, Fox News can be viewed from the above mentioned operators.

I apologize for the inconvenience.  We understand how important Fox News is to our viewers around the world.

Please continue to make TMN aware how important Fox News is to you.  

According to one source who spoke to TMN today,  Fox will be restored but they don't know when.  She also said they're sending a notice explaining the situation.  Personally, I wouldn't put any money on any of this (TiT), but at least it's something to ponder.

BTV cable in Pattaya also seem to have replaced Fox News with Sky News.

Not sure when it happened as the TV is one used by the wife to watch her soaps and was only doing a channel surf to try and find out what Fox were making of the Barcelona incident. It was useful as I had lost the Sky news youtube links a few days previously.

I don't think it has anything to do with them not wanting to carry it, it is about money as to what they want to pay when it comes to foreign programs. Just look at Universal for years I complaint because they show shows over and over again. I don't know how many times I've seen King Kong and Bourne?  It keeps coming back as if the guy running the station just grabs a old DVD and put it back in.

Now that Fox is gone, never thought it was real news, a channel for those who really can't think for themselves but it was entertainment to me. All the other channels is just boring to me I got use to that Fake news Trump was talking about. Lately, I turn it on to see who was leaving and why and watch the new kiss butts trying to keep their job or move up.  Like the kid Wally world?  Now that is one big butt kissers.

Bring it back best channel for entertainment of the world.

• 3 weeks later...

Fox News appears to be back on TMN cable, both on analog and digital channel 702.  It looks like it returned around 10pm last night (Saturday).

Would be interesting to hear reports from others if they're seeing the same - also, if it's back on Sophon.

Archived