August 12, 20179 yr Hello, I searched the topic but couldn't find any clear answer. My wife is making over THB 40,000 monthly income and I was thinking of using her income as a requirement match to extend my stay under the Non-O marriage scheme instead of the thb 400,000 I have been using. I would like to know what proofs do we need to hand over in order to meet this financial requirement. I was thinking of showing the immigration officer her employment contract along with pay slips and updated bank book that show the last six month incoming monthly salary. Do I need to show any other proofs? Thank you
August 12, 20179 yr You cannot use your wife's income to apply for the extension. From clause 2.18 of Police Order 327/2557 basis for extension of stay. Quote (6) In the case of marriage to a Thai woman, the alien husband must earn an average annual income of no less than Baht 40,000 per month or must have no less than Baht 400,000 in a bank account in Thailand for the past two months to cover expenses for one year.
August 12, 20179 yr (6) In the case of marriage to a Thai woman, the alien husband must earn an average annual income of no less than Baht 40,000 per month or must have no less than Baht 400,000 in a bank account in Thailand for the past two months to cover expenses for one year.
August 12, 20179 yr What if your wife would pay you a monthly "salary" of 40k i.e. into a foreign bank?
August 12, 20179 yr 4 minutes ago, wobalt said: What if your wife would pay you a monthly "salary" of 40k i.e. into a foreign bank? I think that would be an expensive way to prove the income. It might also be considered fraudulent.
August 12, 20179 yr Possibly - however regarding "fraudulent", what if the money was earned outside Thailands by a registered business there?
August 12, 20179 yr 1 minute ago, wobalt said: Possibly - however regarding "fraudulent", what if the money was earned outside Thailands by a registered business there? Any income earned outside of Thailand would be accepted. I would proved by a income letter from your embassy here.
August 12, 20179 yr Author It seems I totally misread the requirements. I thought that your Thai spouse could support you too?!
August 12, 20179 yr Indirectly, maybe. The account must be in your name. You can have an account in your name, but sign a separate agreement for a nominated person to make withdrawals. You can both have debit cards as well. Just a little food for thought.
August 12, 20179 yr 36 minutes ago, Will2011 said: It seems I totally misread the requirements. I thought that your Thai spouse could support you too?! Perhaps your read the police order done in 2006 that allowed it but then it was rescinded in 2008. She can supply the 400k baht to put in a account in your name only for 2 months to do the application but you cannot use her income.
August 12, 20179 yr 11 hours ago, Will2011 said: It seems I totally misread the requirements. I thought that your Thai spouse could support you too?! It's not about supporting your wife. You qualify for an extension as the spouse of a Thai. You're applying for permission to stay with your wife and need to prove enough income or money in the bank to fund your 1 year stay.
Create an account or sign in to comment