The cost of a WP

19 hours ago, chowny77 said:

3 months is about 700 baht. 6 months is 1,500 baht and 1 year 3,100 baht. plus depending on the work you might have to have a syphilis blood test before applying for the WP. This is usual if it is a teaching job here.

Been teaching for 5 years here. Never once had a syphilis test.

3 minutes ago, duanebigsby said:

Just done "medical report" which is filling the paperwork out for ฿100. No tests required.

Just because you go to a 'questionable' clinic that does not care about doing things the right way, it does not mean the tests are not required. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, tonray said:

Just because you go to a 'questionable' clinic that does not care about doing things the right way, it does not mean the tests are not required. 

ok. Fair enough. Go to a clinic, get the test and do it properly for ?Baht. I will continue to not get the test and do it for way less.

ok. Fair enough. Go to a clinic, get the test and do it properly for ?Baht. I will continue to not get the test and do it for way less.

I get my annual WP tests done at Blez Clinic at Asok. 500 baht for everything. The syphilis blood test is done with a finger prick. My school reimburses the cost.

Sent from my SM-A500F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

4 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

I get my annual WP tests done at Blez Clinic at Asok. 500 baht for everything. The syphilis blood test is done with a finger prick. My school reimburses the cost.

Sent from my SM-A500F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

OK fair enough. Most schools won't pay. So do  what is easiest.

14 hours ago, duanebigsby said:

I find it strange that your WP is renewed without the blood test report.

I renewed my WP about 4 weeks ago, the labour ministry officer at DIn Daeng specifically looked for the blood report document and also checked that the test for syphilis was negative.

I just asked several other professors here in the teachers lounge, all confirm that the labour ministry officers always look for the blood report and look for negative for syphilis.

I'm also aware that the labour office in Pitsanalook also does the same - must have the blood report for WP renewal and test for syphilis must show negative. 

On 8/14/2017 at 0:15 PM, scorecard said:

I find it strange that your WP is renewed without the blood test report.

I renewed my WP about 4 weeks ago, the labour ministry officer at DIn Daeng specifically looked for the blood report document and also checked that the test for syphilis was negative.

I just asked several other professors here in the teachers lounge, all confirm that the labour ministry officers always look for the blood report and look for negative for syphilis.

I'm also aware that the labour office in Pitsanalook also does the same - must have the blood report for WP renewal and test for syphilis must show negative. 

It may seem strange but in Chiang Rai have never been asked to get anything other than the bogus medical paper for 100 baht. When and if I am told to get a proper test, obvious choice is get the test. I'm not arguing,  just saying my experience has been different from yours.