Transgender Muay Thai fighter “Nong Rose” lights up the ring

rooster59

Transgender Muay Thai fighter “Nong Rose” lights up the ring

rose3.jpg

Somros Phoncharoen was sent to a Muay Thai boxing camp when he was only eight years old because his uncle saw him acting like a ladyboy.

“I started boxing since I was eight. I have an uncle who is a retired boxer. He saw me acting like a katoey, so he put me to fight with other boys and to do boyish stuff,” said Somros, better known by his stage name “Nong Rose Ban Charoensuk”.

His uncle might failed to change his gender preference, but he was successful in making Somros a Muay Thai star.

Nong Rose has now become a famous transgender Muay Thai fighter not only Thai but foreign fans alike.

The 21-year-old transgender boxer had shown impressive skills in Muay Thai that has earned her not only local but international fame after foreign media revealed her story and  her vicious and impressive fight to the world.

Full story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/transgender-muay-thai-fighter-nong-rose-lights-ring/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2017-08-13

• 6 months later...

Why people think transgenders are weak is beyond me, like you're gonna hav to be pretty tough mentally to take this cross on your back. It's obviously easier for them to fake being male or female  than to come out. Same for gays I suppose, but it's got a lot easier for them.

Archived