90 day reporting at 7-11. -- Is it on or not?

I am sure your 7-11 would be happy to have you visit much more often than that.

Did someone say you can do your immigration 90 day reports there?  They are done at immigration office and if too late for mail that would be where you have to do (or have someone do for you with proper permissions).

• Like 1

I think what messes us up with this...  is we need to track TWO due dates.

right? always think of it as TWO due dates.

when we think of it as ONE due date... it's easy to be too late to mail it... or to ever even mail it in ever...

but man oh man is it easy to just pop it in the mail... even over using the internet it seems to me.

Edited by maewang99
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, keeniau96 said:

The internet reporting option for the 90-day report seems operational, tried it yesterday. Give it a shot before the long drive.

Today would be the last day he could use the online option.

6 hours ago, glegolo said:

As I remember it, the 90 day reporting at 7/11,,, was just a nice 1st april joke,,, nothing more..

Glegolo

Oh really.  Well I fell for it.  It was last year I know,  but I could not remember exactly when and I took little notice of it as it was not of interest  to me at the time and I assumed that it would not work properly right away anyway.  

However now it could have been useful to me this month.   It is not often I get suckered on April first.  Of course, here it is just like Christmas or Easter: or any other Farang Special day except New Years day.   Another normal day.

I will have a laugh on myself for it as soon as I get over being annoyed at myself.    

Internet reporting is cutting it too fine so as the the truck is due for a 10k service so I will go into town and combine it with that.  Never mind   I guess it was too good to be true.  555

Edited by The Deerhunter

Interesting to note that the online reporting is apparently working again.  I wish I'd know that last week (assuming it was already working then) - it would have saved me a trip to Immigration.  Although it was easier than ever at our local office (Blúport Mall, Hua Hin). They've gone 'paperless' on 90-day reports and it took me less than 5 minutes to get in and out, most of that spent chatting to the IO.  There wasn't a single other customer in the office, in the short time I was there.

6 hours ago, maewang99 said:

I think what messes us up with this...  is we need to track TWO due dates.

right? always think of it as TWO due dates.

when we think of it as ONE due date... it's easy to be too late to mail it... or to ever even mail it in ever...

but man oh man is it easy to just pop it in the mail... even over using the internet it seems to me.

Yep.. that is why on my whiteboard above my desk it says 90 Day report due Sept 18... SEND by  Sept 8th... easy..

I regularly mail in my 90 check from a BKK post office to CW a week before the due date (after trying the internet for several days beforehand but without success), and have never had a problem getting it approved.  When it comes back, it does have a red stamp saying something to the effect of "Please send in at least 15 days in advance next time," and, yes, the word "please" is there!

40 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

If they ask you to send in at least15 days before, why do you regularly send it one week before?

Is it just a show of defiance?

Not at all!  

I try to use the internet fifteen days ahead and if I have not success, I send it by post a week before, since they seem to be OK with that and it works for me.  Naturally, the internet means less work for me, so I prefer it.

I'm usually a "good boy" about stuff like this - don't want to make trouble!  Life seems more pleasant this way (to me, anyway).

35 minutes ago, heretostay said:

Not at all!  

I try to use the internet fifteen days ahead and if I have not success, I send it by post a week before, since they seem to be OK with that and it works for me.  Naturally, the internet means less work for me, so I prefer it.

I'm usually a "good boy" about stuff like this - don't want to make trouble!  Life seems more pleasant this way (to me, anyway).

I used to try online reporting 15 days before, and if it wasn't working I'd do the mail application that same day.

I asked, because an expat colleague who also had 2 warnings for late mail applications (used the failed online procedure as an excuse) was asked to attend in person the third occasion. They informed him in the future he would have to report in person, (4 hour round trip by car), which he had to do for 18 months until a local office opened.

Don't push it to the point they feel your being disrespectful or defiant as they always have the answer.

1 hour ago, Tanoshi said:

I used to try online reporting 15 days before, and if it wasn't working I'd do the mail application that same day.

I asked, because an expat colleague who also had 2 warnings for late mail applications (used the failed online procedure as an excuse) was asked to attend in person the third occasion. They informed him in the future he would have to report in person, (4 hour round trip by car), which he had to do for 18 months until a local office opened.

Don't push it to the point they feel your being disrespectful or defiant as they always have the answer.

Thanks for the advice!  Will do!

I wish this joke was true - 7/11 would be far more efficient than either Phuket Immi office.

As they are with airline bookings, electricity accounts etc.

I got into the online site and got to the "Pending" stage - now due tomorrow but no action.

So my partner took it to Patong Immi (in our current torrential rain storms) and they are closed for 2 weeks - Grrrr!