Drunk man ‘rescued’ from ‘lap’ of King Rama I statue at Memorial Bridge in Bangkok

webfact

Drunk man ‘rescued’ from ‘lap’ of King Rama I statue

By The Nation

BANGKOK: -- A drunk man was spotted sitting on the “lap” of King Rama I’s statute at Memorial Bridge in Bangkok’s Phra Nakhon district early Monday morning.

At about 4.15am, the man was seen drinking a bottle of whiskey on the statue, which is about five metres above the ground.

Rescuers had to use a crane to reach him.

But the man, who was identified only by his nickname, “Rin”, refused to get down. 

He sounded drunk and said he had travelled there from Suphan Buri province.

At about 6am, he agreed to climb into the crane and was lowered to the ground to the applause of many onlookers.

He was taken to Somdej Chao Phrya Hospital for a medical and psychological checkup.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30323728

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-08-14

Drunk Man Watches Sunrise From Atop Rama I Statue

By Chayanit Itthipongmaetee, Staff Reporter

S__7348243-696x522.jpg

BANGKOK — A man chose to climb atop a monument to King Rama I just before dawn Monday morning where he spent several hours before agreeing to come down.

At about 4am this morning, the man in his 30s and identified only as Rin climbed into the lap of the five-meter statue near Bangkok’s Memorial Bridge. Officers in a cherry picker took two hours to persuade the man to come down, according to Capt. Rangsan Lomking of Phra Ratchawang Police.

Full story:  http://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/bangkok/2017/08/14/drunk-man-watches-sunrise-atop-rama-statue/

khaosodeng_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Khaosod English 2017-08-14