New International School In Surin

Nomad97

I have just seen a very large hoarding opposite the Isuzu showrooms and before the Mitsubishi showrooms that is advertising a new International School and College in Surin. There are no further details and there is no response to the advertised telephone number (with a dialling code for Surin). A couple of Thai friends of mine say that the school is to be built within the next few years. Does anyone have any further information?

Many thanks.

I was told about this about 10 months ago, by a ferrang teacher in Buriram, who was hoping to get a job there, he was saying it was to be built this year sometime, good news. he is working at an international school in Ratchaburi, and comes home to Buriram some weekends, he was hoping to relocate once this is up and running. thats all i now about it.

any more info would be good, as i have a child that i want to put in a good school once i relocate.

I have been contemplating a move from Surin within the next couple of years to find suitable schooling for my daughter. The establishment of a new International School in Surin should provide the level of education that I seek. If so, we can continue to enjoy a part of the Kingdom of Thailand that I enjoy and remain close to my wife's family too. Good news indeed! :o

Edited by Nomad97

I think you are right, I think 044 covers Korat too. However, the horading for the new International School is in Surin!

Funnily enough, about 6 months ago we heard from my wife's driving instructor that they were building a new International School in Buriram. The instructor came from Buriram. Maybe a wayward rumour but pretty close.

It's a satellite campus of another in Buriram (from what I've heard). A Texan, I think, is going to be the Director of Studies or whatever. The word on the street is they'll be employing only Phillipino teachers because they can pay them 10-12K per month. Some people are fine with that, others not. What's your opinion?

I think you are right, I think 044 covers Korat too. However, the horading for the new International School is in Surin!

Funnily enough, about 6 months ago we heard from my wife's driving instructor that they were building a new International School in Buriram. The instructor came from Buriram. Maybe a wayward rumour but pretty close.

That is even beter for me, if it is right, right on my doorstep, my oldest girl, (Thai), go's to boarding school in UK, costs me quite a bit, so when i move to Thailand full time, i will leave oldest girl in UK, as she is now 16 and wants to go onto Uni, i will put the youngest girl in an international school in Thailand.

In principle I see no problem with Philippino teachers provided they are properly qualified to teach their appropriate subjects. All the Philippinos I have known have had a very good command of the English language. I am looking for a good standard of education for my daughter, in English and Thai, at an affordable price. If the new school meets these twin objectives then that will suit me and my daughter just fine, irrespective of the nationality of the teaching staff.

Well, I don't think they are going to get very good Filipino English speakers on those rates and if they do they'll only be using the school as a stepping stone to a better school or to spread Christianity. I know Filipinos who can't speak well at all who can get better pay than that.