Little girl with dice stuck inside nose is saved

webfact

Little girl with dice stuck inside nose hole is saved 

By Thai PBS

dice.jpg

A four-year-old girl was rescued safely after a small cube was found stuck inside her nose, making her to breath difficultly.

A video clip showing a rescue worker from a charity foundation using tweezers to remove a tiny plastic cube from the little girl’s nose hole went viral on the social media with warning to parents not to leave their children unattended as it could mean death if rescue did not come in time.

The incident happened at the girl’s house in Tambon Don Hualor in Muang district of Chon Buri province yesterday (Aug 14). Praewphan Mungsin, the girl’s mother, called Trai Kunnatham charity foundation rescue workers in Chonburi for help after seeing her daughter could hardly breathe after an object was stuck in her nose hole.

Full story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/little-girl-dice-stuck-inside-nose-hole-saved/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2017-08-16

1 hour ago, Somtamnication said:

Easy explanation: She is related to bats. She was hanging upside down, playing monopoly. Someone had to hock their property and threw the dice in anger.:sleep:

1 hour ago, lamyai3 said:

This i snot a laughing matter. This little girl is lucky to be alive. She could have die'd. I bet this incident scared the craps out of the parents.

2 hours ago, seahorse said:

This i snot a laughing matter. This little girl is lucky to be alive. She could have die'd. I bet this incident scared the craps out of the parents.

That comment is a little drastic you do realize she could  breathe thru her mouth until they could get it removed.

3 hours ago, Tony125 said:
6 hours ago, seahorse said:

That comment is a little drastic you do realize she could  breathe thru her mouth until they could get it removed.

It is not really about breathing, but about the item moving into the sinus, throat or lungs. With a die, the risk was not great, as it is large and would not likely move far inside. However, a friend had his kid get a small piece of a toy go up his nose, then lodge in his sinus, and the resulting infection turned out to be quite serious. If something small made it's way into your lungs, it is also dangerous. Another friend swallowed a peanut wrong, got it lodged in his wind pipe, and the resulting medical process was quite intense.

What is interesting is the tendency for kids to put things up their nose. My son did exactly the same thing. Twice!

22 hours ago, seahorse said:

Very good!

Nothing to do with your post, but just for the record, my 55555 comment wasn't directed at the poor girl's misfortune, but rather an earlier comment which is now gone, questioning why nose hole was chosen in the headline over the more popular word "nostril". 

On ‎15‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 5:22 PM, zzaa09 said:

Never mind, I'll let someone else ask the obvious.

:wink:

Well she could just breathe through he mouth if it was difficult to

breathe through her nose. :whistling:

After being hit by a car at 7 years old, I have breathed through my mouth ever since.

It does have it's drawbacks though.

After an operation about 12 years ago I now have both options available.

Glad the little girl is OK.