Aussie Drug Trafficker Dead

marshbags

Do you guys believe in human rights? Freedom of choice in life?

I earn enough money to take care of myself! I deserve the right to choose what to inhale and put inside my body without affecting anyone else! I pay my own hospital bills! Anyone who tells me what to do and how to live with MY life is a Bastxxd! If I hurt anyone because of drugs, if I hurt anyone because of alcohol, put me in jail and let me rot!

What a naive, simplistic view! I take no stand on whether the guy deserved to lose his life or not, but for you to make that statement is flabbergasting. Guess you've never lived with an addict, then? I have & you're talking tripe! You do hurt others as an addict & it's not a jailable offence, unlike drug smuggling...

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LET the families ect. personally effected by the abhorent crimes decide and maybe grant as the saying goes, " AN eye for an eye " if this is their wish.

DRUG CRIMINALS / smugglers deserve everthing that comes to them, don,t take my word for it ask the families that have / do / will suffer from this evil trade.

How the responsibility of the outcome of one's own act swaps to others is beyond me? :o

If I had a son and he dies because of taking drugs. I won't for one second blame anyone except myself(if he is still a kid) or he himself(if he is an adult).

One way or another throughout my life I have seen first hand the misery of drug addiction. And misery is really an understatement. It destroys not only the lives of the addicts, but their families and sometimes friends as well.
Who are the ones behind all these? THEMSELVES!!!!!!!!! GET IT?

I earn enough money to take care of myself! I deserve the right to choose what to inhale and put inside my body without affecting anyone else! I pay my own hospital bills! Anyone who tells me what to do and how to live with MY life is a Bastxxd! If I hurt anyone because of drugs, if I hurt anyone because of alcohol, put me in jail and let me rot!

meemiathai, you make some great points. I'm sure marshbags and cruncher, amounst others, thought they were on a fait accomplit when they started on about how we should condemn to hel_l all drug traffickers and users. Guess they are surprised by the actual results.

The point you make above is such an important one. Should there be freedom of choice? The world seems to be divided into two camps on this issue , the majority who really don't care about who is doing what , and the minority (who wield the power unfortunately) who want to ensure that everyone lives by their own boring standards. The govts of the USA and the UK in particular (and through them the rest of the world's governments by the pressure these 2 exert on them) now tell you what you can look at , what you can read, what you can write , what you can say , how old you have to be before you are capable of using your brain to decide (latest lunacy from the UK , legal age for buying tobacco to be raised to 18 from 16 , like 16 and 17 year olds have no brain yet!!) , the absurd notion that those aged 16 and 17 are children (get real!!) and have to be closeted in cotton wool .

We should all have freedom of choice what we look at , what we buy, what we chose to put into our bodies. Education should be improved to allow people to make an informed choice .

When i was 9 years old i used to freequently pop to the Co-op to buy my grandfathers cigarettes for the week. Not an eye was batted. Now they would be put in jail!! And what effect did it have on me , this supposedly vulnerable child? NONE ...i have never smoked in my life , nor drunk alcohol.Nor taken drugs !!

So thats all the hang em and flog em brigades theorys busted isn't it ??

They just cannot mind their own business and let others live the life they choose can they

Sorry to disagree with you this time. People smoking irresponsibly should be hanged! :o

Not everyone is a drug addict!

Not everyone that uses 'illegal' drugs becomes a drug addict!

I know 10,20,30 people that use coke, none of there lives or there friends and families lives are destroyed by this, just a harmless friday night in the pub.

I'm sure i'll get slated for saying harmless, but thats just how it is, I wonder if you actually compared the number of people that were addicted to ILLEGAL drugs to the number of people addicted to LEGAL drugs, well lets just say I think a lot of you would be eating your words!

EDUCATION!!!

Mark

What a naive, simplistic view! I take no stand on whether the guy deserved to lose his life or not, but for you to make that statement is flabbergasting. Guess you've never lived with an addict, then? I have & you're talking tripe! You do hurt others as an addict & it's not a jailable offence, unlike drug smuggling...

I will never deny that I might be naive but please help me know how naive I am.

Has the addict been forced to become an addict? Or did he choose to?

LET the families ect. personally effected by the abhorent crimes decide and maybe grant as the saying goes, " AN eye for an eye " if this is their wish.

DRUG CRIMINALS / smugglers deserve everthing that comes to them, don,t take my word for it ask the families that have / do / will suffer from this evil trade.

How the responsibility of the outcome of one's own act swaps to others is beyond me? :o

If I had a son and he dies because of taking drugs. I won't for one second blame anyone except myself(if he is still a kid) or he himself(if he is an adult).

As a father myself, the above statement is nonsense, as any father would tell you.

My son is 5, you think as a father you teach them from an early age what is right and wrong.

If my son, God forbid, got involved in drugs then of course I would blame myself. But I would find the piece of s#it who had supplied him, and the bigger piece of s#it that supplied that person and end their lives forthwith.

Thats not me being Mr Big, that is just reality and I think most fathers would agree with me

As a father myself, the above statement is nonsense, as any father would tell you.

My son is 5, you think as a father you teach them from an early age what is right and wrong.

If my son, God forbid, got involved in drugs then of course I would blame myself. But I would find the piece of s#it who had supplied him, and the bigger piece of s#it that supplied that person and end their lives forthwith.

Thats not me being Mr Big, that is just reality and I think most fathers would agree with me

I understand your thought process here , its a natural fathers feelings, but i don't see you attaching any blame to your kid...don't you think you should ?

I understand your thought process here , its a natural fathers feelings, but i don't see you attaching any blame to your kid...don't you think you should ?

The point I was responding to was the point that said the only person to blame would be the father. I simply stated that I would hunt down the supplier. Whether or not I would blame my son in that case would be a mute point

I'm not referring to the freedom to choose, I'm referring to "without affecting anyone else!" and "If I hurt anyone because of drugs, if I hurt anyone because of alcohol, put me in jail and let me rot". That is naive tripe!

Some of this is rather sad. Obviously many of the posters have never seen drug addiction at it's worst. Well I have. Not, I might add, by taking drugs myself.

If you have seen anyone doing "cold turkey" through lack of heroin you do not want ot see it twice. I have seen it more than enough. It does not even come close to someone who gets a bit grumpy from giving up fags. If you have seen people whose bones are crumbling, whose noses collapse, whose teeth fall out through using this filth you would understand. What cigarettes or alcohol will do to you does not come close. And remember most narcotic abusers get this not all smokers do.

If you have seen addicts unable to work and so steal to finance their habit you would understand. They usually start stealing from family and friends first and then go farther afield. Needless to say many end up in prison - not for drug offences, but for stealing and the like. If you have seen the wives and children whose husband/father is an addict who steal to support themselves when husband/father cannot work because he is an addict you would understand.

I have seen this over many years and I understand. If you thing that an occassional puff or the odd pill is what this is about you better come into the real world. For a start most hard core addicts start like that. Drug pushers have all the sales pitches. Two or three doses of heroin or crack and your hooked and then your self choice is gone - usually for good.

Yes addicts are victims - and so are their families.

An earlier poster referred to me as seeing thing in black and white. Most things, in fact just about everything else, I see in many shades of grey. This, however, I see as black and white. Sorry - I've seen a lot of life around this world. My experiences have conditioned me. I cannot conceive of very much that is more evil that drug trafficking in a way, shape or form. When you have seen some thing that I have your views will change - if you have a heart that is.

You are very close to endorsing the death for drug dealers policy that you and your fellow multiple posters so frequently condemn.I'm not trying to wind you up here nor to accuse you of hypocrisy, simply to remind you and the other obsessive anti-Thaksin posters that the war on drugs had many facets.It also had the support of most Thais, notwithstanding the innocents that were also killed.Thaksin was a greedy and foolish man, but his war on drugs had nothing to do with blood lust.It was an inept and half thought out attempt to deal with a terrible social problem.He, and let's admit it, thousands of others were trying to address the issue.

You are very close to endorsing the death for drug dealers policy that you and your fellow multiple posters so frequently condemn.I'm not trying to wind you up here nor to accuse you of hypocrisy, simply to remind you and the other obsessive anti-Thaksin posters that the war on drugs had many facets.It also had the support of most Thais, notwithstanding the innocents that were also killed.Thaksin was a greedy and foolish man, but his war on drugs had nothing to do with blood lust.It was an inept and half thought out attempt to deal with a terrible social problem.He, and let's admit it, thousands of others were trying to address the issue.

I am endorsing death on drug dealers who in an hypothetical situation, supplied drugs to my son or family. An eye for an eye. I'm all for that

Not quite sure how Thaksin got into this - but then he gets into most things. I do comment on him one way or another, for a start I do not know the truth of a lot that is said. Suffice it to say that two wrongs do not make one right. Drug traffickers should be dealt with by the law, within the law and according to the law.

I am endorsing death on drug dealers who in an hypothetical situation, supplied drugs to my son or family. An eye for an eye. I'm all for that

See , now by not thinking, you have fallen into your own trap. If , hypothetically, your son grew up to be a drug dealer (and remember every dealer is someone's son) then are you honestly expecting us to believe you would be up on your soapbox begging the government to give him the death penalty? Of course not!! So why is it ok for someone else's kid to be killed (by the death penalty)?

Honestly, i understand your feelings here, but you are like all the other "hang em and flog em " brigade. Its ok until it directly involves you and your family. Then its different!

PS I'm also not sure how Taksin has gotten into this

See , now by not thinking, you have fallen into your own trap. If , hypothetically, your son grew up to be a drug dealer (and remember every dealer is someone's son) then are you honestly expecting us to believe you would be up on your soapbox begging the government to give him the death penalty? Of course not!! So why is it ok for someone else's kid to be killed (by the death penalty)?

Honestly, i understand your feelings here, but you are like all the other "hang em and flog em " brigade. Its ok until it directly involves you and your family. Then its different!

Excellent!

Mark

i've never done drugs, but i'm an expert.

i've never gone to war, but i'm an expert.

oh, please. just shut the f-ck up

Ah well when one has run out of logic there is always obscenities.

War - know nothing about it.

Narcotics - dealt with the problem most of my working life. I seen the up close full frontal misery. Yes I'm an expert.

PS I'm also not sure how Taksin has gotten into this

You are obviously NOT a father. Nor does it sound as if there is much grey matter between your ears!!

Fallen into what trap exactly. Is this a monotonous game?

I often find that those people who are sympathetic to drug suppliers are NOT parents and are probable drug users themselves, which means that they are giving their views with a vested interest

JacknDanny, no its not a game. It is serious. I am not a drug user , as i have already said. My vested interest as you put it , is that i applaud freedom of choice in all things , and that includes drugs for those that want. I also don't drink alcohol , but i support anyone who chooses to spend their money on that. Its about freedom. Honestly doesn't affect me one way or the other , and maybe that explains , as Cruncher suggests, my lack of understanding of the "victims" . Could be thats the reason. I accept that.

However Jack, your last post still didn't answer the question did it? If it was your son would you want the death penalty for him? As you are a good father (i don't doubt that!!) then of course you will answer no. So why is it ok in your mind to execute other peoples sons and daughters.? I will understand if you choose not to answer..its a toughie isn't it? Maybe one of the other brigade might choose to have a bash at answering this specific question? Or..... admit i'm right !! :o

Alcohol and tobacco are not illegal, considered acceptable and do not cause the same effects.
Alchohol do cause the same effects as other drugs, being drugs is what they are. Ok, not the same effect as cocaine in the 'high' but addiction and death and consequences to family and society are all strongly asscoiated with these two legal drugs.
the truth of the matter is most consumers in the 2 examples you highlight are not a danger to society

Drunks are not a danger to society? What about all the drink related crime, spousal abuse, child abuse, rape, murder, assaults, drunk driving etc.

You could say almost anything taken in vast quantities can be harmful to your health.
Small quantity of tabacco is harmful to your health especially with all the extra filth the legal tobacco companies put into it.
The basic fact is people are allowed by law to sell these two products you mention, so the shop keeper and the bar owner are not breaking the law and the majority are reasonable and responsible people.

We are not discussing the legality of something. We are discussing the morality of someone who supplies drugs. If cocaine was made legal tomorrow would the cocaine dealers suddenly become reasonable and responsible law abiding citizens. Can you only make that moral judgement according to what the law of the country tells you?

I agree with you that they are harmful to health, especially smoking, but people don,t do the evil stuff that illicit drugs are related to when consuming them.
Read my point about drink related crime.
Alcohol in moderation is not in the least harmful and you are not usualy addicted /effected instantly to such an extent you would go to extreme.

One smoke, one pill, one sniff, one injection, that,s all it takes and has an immediate adverse effect on the individual and consequently families and society.

I disagree, obviously injecting heroin is a different kettle of fish that smoking cannabis, it shouldn't be all lumped together. One smoke of a joint isn't going to kill anyone or make them addicted or effect their family is it? To be honest a smoke of heroin is very unlikely to either. Even less chance in fact if it was legal because the purity would be maintained. And what about that one drink before you get into a car and run into a family on the side of the road? Is alcohol really not so harmful? 400+ dead people over Happy New Year will disagree with you if they could.

My point is if you are going to bash drug dealers using the 'dealing in death' argument then you have to take up arms against the alcohol suppliers and tobacco suppliers also.

JacknDanny, no its not a game. It is serious. I am not a drug user , as i have already said. My vested interest as you put it , is that i applaud freedom of choice in all things , and that includes drugs for those that want. I also don't drink alcohol , but i support anyone who chooses to spend their money on that. Its about freedom. Honestly doesn't affect me one way or the other , and maybe that explains , as Cruncher suggests, my lack of understanding of the "victims" . Could be thats the reason. I accept that.

However Jack, your last post still didn't answer the question did it? If it was your son would you want the death penalty for him? As you are a good father (i don't doubt that!!) then of course you will answer no. So why is it ok in your mind to execute other peoples sons and daughters.? I will understand if you choose not to answer..its a toughie isn't it? Maybe one of the other brigade might choose to have a bash at answering this specific question? Or..... admit i'm right !! :o

Like Cruncher I am also well experienced in the Drugs field ( not a user!)

Having been brought up in a loving and strict home, I aim to do the same with my son.

Is it likely that my son would ever try drugs? The way I will be bringing him up, the answer would be highly unlikely. If he did, and became a user, I would know soon enough. As for him becoming a supplier, there would not be a cat in hells chance of that happening, because I care enough about him to never let that happen.

You mean there are actually idiots supplying drugs to 5 yr old kids. Hang him for the stupidity!

Is it likely that my son would ever try drugs? The way I will be bringing him up, the answer would be highly unlikely. If he did, and became a user, I would know soon enough. As for him becoming a supplier, there would not be a cat in hells chance of that happening, because I care enough about him to never let that happen.

Hopefully!

You mean there are actually idiots supplying drugs to 5 yr old kids. Hang him for the stupidity!

English is obviously not your first language so I will make allowances!!

Unless you were trying to be funny?

I'm not referring to the freedom to choose, I'm referring to "without affecting anyone else!" and "If I hurt anyone because of drugs, if I hurt anyone because of alcohol, put me in jail and let me rot". That is naive tripe!

You are still not helping me enough to know how naive I am.

I say again! Anyone who chooses to take drugs, and THEN hurt people, should be punished! Can you point me out the naivety in this statement?

English is obviously not your first language so I will make allowances!!

Unless you were trying to be funny?

Was not trying to be funny. English not my first language but now I get what you mean.

I will then repeat. It is your son's or your responsibility! If he had swallowed rats poison, or shot himself with a pistol, stabbed himself with a knife, who are you going to claim responsibility??????????

Some of this is rather sad. Obviously many of the posters have never seen drug addiction at it's worst. Well I have. Not, I might add, by taking drugs myself.

If you have seen anyone doing "cold turkey" through lack of heroin you do not want ot see it twice. I have seen it more than enough. It does not even come close to someone who gets a bit grumpy from giving up fags. If you have seen people whose bones are crumbling, whose noses collapse, whose teeth fall out through using this filth you would understand. What cigarettes or alcohol will do to you does not come close. And remember most narcotic abusers get this not all smokers do.

If you have seen addicts unable to work and so steal to finance their habit you would understand. They usually start stealing from family and friends first and then go farther afield. Needless to say many end up in prison - not for drug offences, but for stealing and the like. If you have seen the wives and children whose husband/father is an addict who steal to support themselves when husband/father cannot work because he is an addict you would understand.

I have seen this over many years and I understand. If you thing that an occassional puff or the odd pill is what this is about you better come into the real world. For a start most hard core addicts start like that. Drug pushers have all the sales pitches. Two or three doses of heroin or crack and your hooked and then your self choice is gone - usually for good.

Yes addicts are victims - and so are their families.

And If you have seen addicts swallowing condoms of drugs and traffick them on an aeroplane..... What should we do to them? EXECUTE THEM!!! I was told!

An earlier poster referred to me as seeing thing in black and white. Most things, in fact just about everything else, I see in many shades of grey. This, however, I see as black and white. Sorry - I've seen a lot of life around this world. My experiences have conditioned me. I cannot conceive of very much that is more evil that drug trafficking in a way, shape or form. When you have seen some thing that I have your views will change - if you have a heart that is.
I have seen more things than anyone else here! Anyone can say this. Edited by meemiathai

Not quite sure how Thaksin got into this - but then he gets into most things. I do comment on him one way or another, for a start I do not know the truth of a lot that is said. Suffice it to say that two wrongs do not make one right. Drug traffickers should be dealt with by the law, within the law and according to the law.

Not just drug trafficker. Everyone should abide by the law. That's why we are exactly discussing how the law should be made and not if anyone should be dealt with by the law.

If you thing that an occassional puff or the odd pill is what this is about you better come into the real world. For a start most hard core addicts start like that.

Most hardcore drug users start with booze and ciggys because they come before the weed and the E. Pubs and clubs are a perfect place to start getting into other drugs. Although it has to be said the illegality of E and weed makes it very easy for young people to get so some start on these and other drugs very young.

Overall though, concerning the guy in the OP, I don't really care so much about him, it was a business risk he chose to take and it backfired.

Edited by bkkmadness

Well i am going to come clean on this thread, as some of the things said on this threadare mad .The person who was on about acid .I can safely say back in the days of rave here in the uk say 89 to to 96 there was not a weekend i did not have acid or somthing else .I will not say its the right thing to do but it was what i liked to do .And b4 anyone says no i dont takeor have anything anymore .

I dont like hard drugs at all , as i had a friend die from brown ie smack .And those folks who say try weed first then go on to hard drugs that the biggist load of rubbish i have ever heard. I have not drunk since i was 18 years old i am 33 now soon to be 34 .If you was to ask me which was the worst drug i would say by far it is drink , I go to Holland not to feel like a crim as i am from the uk But i can tell you this the dutch have tghe right way of doing things .Now i know its not on about cocaine .

But the article makes some very good points abou the war on drugs.

Florida -- Our war on drugs literally makes me nauseous with disgust. On June 20th, 18-year-old Eli Strunk of Fort Pierce was arrested for having less than an ounce of marijuana in his car. He faces a felony conviction that will follow him for the rest of his life and a possibility of spending five years in prison.

Each year, there are 700,000 marijuana arrests made in this country, mostly for possession or low level sales. As a result, hundreds of thousands of young people are sent to prison and their lives ruined. Our justice system and our police should hang their heads in shame for this injustice.

I am not alone in my views. Walter Chronkite has declared that "The war on drugs is now causing more harm than the drug abuse itself." Other sources, including many newspapers, the mayor of Chicago, the former governor of New Mexico, federal judges, police officials and even Dear Abby have expressed dismay over our war on drugs.

The Wall Street Journal's editorial on March 7 stated: "Its (the war on drugs) collateral damage is fostering anti-Americanism throughout the globe, particularly in South America, and at home, it has trashed the Fourth Amendment and is filling our jails with people whose only crime is to find pleasure in ways that other people don't like."

The Arizona Republic Newspaper in Phoenix did extensive research on illegal drugs and reported that "Alcohol is the most widely used and most commonly abused drug in the United States. It's detrimental impact on society is far greater than that of illegal drugs."

Canada and Mexico were close to making small quantities of drugs legal but changed their minds because of intense pressure from the United States. The Netherlands has virtually no drug problem even though it has legalized drugs. Alaska has legalized the use of marijuana. Rhode Island just became the 11th state to legalize medical marijuana. And last November, Denver citizens voted to make possession of small amounts of marijuana legal.

John P. Walters, our current drug czar, has said that 16 million Americans regularly use marijuana. Thus, if the horrible effects claimed for this drug were true, we should be seeing our hospitals filled with desperately ill addicts. We should be seeing thousands of highway accidents due to crazed addicts driving under the influence. We should be seeing untold amounts of violence by the pot-heads.

But this is not happening.

The truth is that virtually all of the government's adverse claims about marijuana are false or greatly exaggerated. Of interest, one of Dr. Peter Gott's columns stated "Marijuana is now viewed by many authorities as being a relatively minor hazard to health."

Yes, there is violence associated with illegal drugs but that is simply a result of their being illegal. Our $50 billion drug appetite fuels the criminal aspects of the drug trade resulting in clashes between rival drug cartels and the dealers and the police. From our experience with prohibition, we know this would end if drugs were legalized.

A long-term review of the "police blotter" in the Port St. Lucie News shows that more arrests are made for simple non-violent "drug possession" than for theft, assault, rape, murder or other violent crime. No wonder there is overcrowding in our jails. No wonder we don't have the resources to protect abused wives. No wonder we don't have the resources to investigate child abuse. No wonder we don't have the resources to keep track of sexual predators.

Now for a serious question for you to ponder: If the police suddenly were able to prove marijuana use by the 16 million people referred to by Mr. Walters, would you want all of them arrested and sent to jail?

Would you want Bill Clinton sent to jail because he admitted smoking pot?

Edited by deon