90 day report at Lad Prao being phased out?

Today went to Imperial, Lad Prao to do my 90 day report. After the report the officer told me that for my next report I need to go to Chaeng Watthana, because "we are closing". Now, Lad Prao is mainly used to service citizens from Cambodia, Burma, Laos and I think Vietnam for a variety of things, but other nationalities could also go there for the 90 day report only. And I cant say if the whole office is closing down, or just the specific 90 day report service for Non-Cambodia, Laos, etc. I did not want to start asking questions right there with a large crowd waiting, I myself waited over 3 hours today...

Anyone can confirm this and what about alternate location other than CW?

No mention of it being stopped on the immigration website.

Perhaps one of these offices instead of Ladprao. I assume #2 here is the nearest one.

2. Big C Supercenter , Don Mueang Branch (Saphan Mai) , Bangkok 
Open since 19 Dec, 2016

Click here to view a map

3. Big C Supercenter , Rat Burana Branch , Bangkok
Open since 19 Dec, 2016

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I went to Imperial World two days ago, and was told the same thing, that they would no longer do 90 Day Reports. Whether it was just for those of us not from Cambodia, Myanmar or Laos, I don't know, although I would think so. 

Ever since they stopped the dedicated queue for those of us not from the 3 neighboring countries, it wasn't worth the wait anymore. There were over 400 people ahead of me in the queue two days ago, so I just left and went to Chang Wattana yesterday. 80 people were ahead of me when I arrived and I was out in just under an hour. 

• Thanks 1

Went to Big-C Rat-Burana last month. Took about an hour but not pleasant at all. Squirreled away under the escalator lower level, there was hardly room to breath and no dedicated queuing. Not looking forward to going back and the officers there seem to be a bit pissed at being shoved under a staircase all day. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, tonray said:

Went to Big-C Rat-Burana last month. Took about an hour but not pleasant at all. Squirreled away under the escalator lower level, there was hardly room to breath and no dedicated queuing. Not looking forward to going back and the officers there seem to be a bit pissed at being shoved under a staircase all day. 

It is supposed to be a temporary location until they move upstairs but I have been there twice since they moved from Major Hollywood and have yet to see any change. The current location feels slapped together and confusing. Hopefully they can get some better accommodations soon.

• Like 1

I have been to big C in Ratburna also. They ask for an extra form to be filled out that is not necessary or asked for in Changwattana. No consistency within the same department. Cut off the head I say. 

Why would they close Lad Prao when the online sysystem is still not operational and in chaos? I spent over 5000B on a new printer 2 years ago in order to utalise the online system. It is sitting in the corner gathering dust and using ink each day to keep the jets from blocking. When will this third world immigration buraeu get it's act together? 

An old but true saying; Don't throw the old water until the new water comes in!

Edited by Sumarianson
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Sumarianson said:

I have been to big C in Ratburna also. They ask for an extra form to be filled out that is not necessary or asked for in Changwattana. No consistency within the same department. Cut off the head I say. 

Why would they close Lad Prao when the online sysystem is still not operational and in chaos? I spent over 5000B on a new printer 2 years ago in order to utalise the online system. It is sitting in the corner gathering dust and using ink each day to keep the jets from blocking. When will this third world immigration buraeu get it's act together? 

An old but true saying; Don't throw the old water until the new water comes in!

You could have copied the form to USB drive and printed at 3 baht per page.  4 times a year is 12 baht.  At that rate it would take 400 years to pay off the printer.