Moving to Jomtien

Lukeboag

Hi , 

I'm moving to Jomtien soon and have some questions. 

Hope someone can help.

My son is 9 and daughter is 10.

Looking for a football club where we can play every weekend.

And looking for a good level of ballet class for my daughter.

Are there swimming clubs around also ?

And kids ATV bikes anywhere ?

Thanks for anyone's help.

luke

Na Luke, seems that you don't a lot of luck.

Good thing is, depending where your kids will go to school:

- football and swimming could be possible possibile at school

- I think there is a kind of dance-school, just don't know where.

- kids ATV bikes....the motorized quad-type things? Check out the adult type of ATV-shops

Organized football- and/or swimming-clubs? There's Pattaya FC, but I don't think they "entertain" kids.

Again, school usually do offer school- and inter-school competitions, but it's not something regular as we know from the 'west'. 

Hi Luke,

I think you'll have to spend a bit of time looking around. I know there's a dance class on Thepprasit rd, don't know if they do ballet. Used to be a football place between Soi Wat Boon and Chayapreuk but that's been used to park boats since the military crackdown at Bali Hi. Don't know if that's permanent but there's another footie area where the library is, again off soi wat boon, sorry don't know the name of the road.

Swimming, people usually get into that at the pools where they stay so don't know of any clubs.

Welcome to Jomtien, great place

I'm sure you'll be able to find all these things in the general Pattaya area, but not in Jomtien itself. When I lived there I had to drive my daughter to dancing classes at a place on near the Klang/Sukhumvit junction. Not a good place to drive to late afternoon on a Sunday. 

You're going to be doing a lot of driving, that's for certain. 

For the ballet: International Dance Studio Soi 12 Thepprasit by Tatiana NIKITINA, you have to go inside soi 12 next to the Family Mart and on the right, the studio will be 100 meters on your right. This is in Jomtien and she's a very good teacher.

Welcome to Jomtien.

With all the activities mentioned I assume you kids are foreigners or part Thai? Regardless, when you mention football I assume you are talking soccer?  As noted, you got Planet Football, out in the Darkside, but the field is not legal size?  They do have another larger field further out in another location.

In Jomtien, you might check the Youth Center on Soi 7, just off Theppasit, turn left and go a number of miles down the road until you see the sign and entrance on the right. You can ask inside the office most activities are at night and weekends.

ATV, they are available for purchase can't think of the place now but I've seen a number of them along with dirt bikes out on the Darkside just before the Thai Polo club.

Good luck

The kids play football here in Korat, but the two fields back to back are not full size. And men's teams play before the kids play......so I don't think the size is that important. They also do not use the off side rule for adults or kids. Fun to watch though.

there is a place on jaiapruk 2 about a 1.5 - 2 km east of sukhumvit called i am thinking scana

daavian center.  they have a small swimming pool but i think offer swimming lessons for students plus badminton. if you r really interested in this pm me and i will make sure to give you better instructions. as 1 other poster mentioned the bootball field on siam country club is probably no 1 first option no 2 option i am thinking is to go to across from the library in jomtien.  and ask there.  they have real size field and also lots of other exersize and sport things.

again if you need more help pm me when you are here and then i can show you where these places are

Hi there, it's been a while since I've been in the area I've had to return to the (Gulag- USA) but as well as I remember, there was a soccer field,AstroTurf  across the  street from Busba house which is on Chaiyaphruek 4. I watched both adults and young people playing there. There also is a school further down the road heading south on the left hand side of the road. Big pink building.The name of the road changes if  you go north to Bun Kauchana 5. Traveling south eventually you run into Thanon Chaiyaphruek going right takes you to the beach about 2 kilometers away. You can't go strait or you will drive into the minit mart but there is a road that runs right beside the minute mart to its right this is Chaiyaphruek Ally 3 on this road on the left is a ATV field. I'm pretty sure it just after you cross the 4 lane by pass.

5 minutes ago, balo said:

The smaller soi that connects Chaiyapruek with soi Watboon , there's a training football ground for kids/teenagers, and lots of other activities .

the sports ground has gone - now parking space for speed boats