Aerox (s) and Aerox (abs) versus NMAX

Jip99

I have read the many pro's and con's about the Aerox and NMAX bikes.

With the Aerox (s) at 63,900 Baht, Aerox (abs) 73,900 Baht and NMAX 79,500 Baht the functionality/value equation looks fairly well balanced on paper. 

The Aerox standard version looks absolutely fine and decent value; happy to see it replace my PCX. The ABS option is attractive and probably the extra 10k is worth it. The NMAX looks a little pricey although I would take it over a new PCX at 88,500 Baht. In terms of styling the NMAX looks more like a PCX whilst the Aerox reminds me of an Air Blade.

Frankly, I am in two minds; the Aerox standard looks ideal for it's main use for driving around Pattaya with very few long-distance trips. The additional safety that the ABS version brings is attracting and I like the look of the NMAX.

Anybody want to help sway my decision one way or the other.

29 minutes ago, MINIMIGLIA said:

mine was one of the first and it does have ABS on the front

Yes, but unfortunately they don't now, so it doesn't help my comparison. If I could get R WITH abs at 66,900 Baht I would.

I had an NMAX, after several Nouvos. It was a great bike and i did love the brakes, so powerful. Most of my riding was around Pattaya though and i would say it was maybe too big for that but ideal for longer runs. So i think the answer to your question is if most of your riding is in Pattaya get the Aerox. If you ride a lot outside get the NMAX.

Hi Jip. I know exactly the situation you are in. I was thinking about which bike to get the entire month of July.
First off, I would like to say I am not an experienced bike driver, nor have I driven many bikes. Matter of fact, I rented an older click for two months in June ( my first bike experience ) and the 2 weeks ago bought the aerox abs.

I looked at every reasonable scooter / bike option. Didn't want more than 300cc as a first time bike. It came down to nmax, aerox or wait for the rumored xmax.
After many sittings and inspecting ( test drive was not allowed ) and the xmax was uncertain on a release date, I decided on the Aerox ABS.

Reason I went for the Aerox:
- it had front ABS brakes ( safety was my top concern ).
- wide and tubeless tires
- it looked nicer / sportier than the nmax.
- keyless start ( it is such a wonderful feature...not sure if I ever want a key bike again )
- power socket

Why I didn't choose the nmax
- don't like the look too much
- no keyless start
- no power outlet ( if I remember correctly )

Things that bugged me about the Aerox before buying:
- it felt cramped. Little legroom. I kept thinking I will keep knocking my knee at the front plastic corner. I am 1.90m and have to say, I have not knocked my knee once driving the bike. Matter of fact, I have about 3cm space.
- no cup holder ( I am hoping to have solved the problem with ordering an after market part, so I can at least hang a beverage in a plastic bag...but not sure if that works yet ).

Overall, I am very happy with the Aerox and I enjoy driving it.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

If it's just you riding, or you seldom have a passenger, go for the Aerox. If you're going to be using it more for function or you're going to have passengers often, go for the nmax. My wife complained about lack of space with our son and she didn't like to sit higher up similar to a sport bike. Also, the rear pegs were too close to my calves.

21 hours ago, lust said:

If it's just you riding, or you seldom have a passenger, go for the Aerox. If you're going to be using it more for function or you're going to have passengers often, go for the nmax. My wife complained about lack of space with our son and she didn't like to sit higher up similar to a sport bike. Also, the rear pegs were too close to my calves.

Lust,can I clarify..... which bike was your wife not happy with.... and the rear pegs too close?

1 hour ago, lust said:

The Aerox. 

Thanks.

I went for the NMAX in the end because there will be many times when I will have a passenger.

Very nice ride, plenty of poke for getting around Pattaya and it's environs and feels stable. Good braking.

Not dissimilar to my first feelings for my old PCX, but definitely a step up.

5 hours ago, Jip99 said:

Where were you pricing the Yamaha's at, Jip? I just stopped by one of the Mityon's just to look at the paint choices in person. The gf talked to the sales woman and when I was glancing at the calculator, it lookes like they priced the abs aerox initially at 78,000 then 81,000 out the door (assuming, as I didn't care to clarify and naturally there is some farang pricing in there as well). I heard 74,000 was closer to the going price which is what you mentioned in Pattaya.

Also debating buying in town here or buying later in the gf's town in Maha Sarakham. Maybe I'll have her dad go up or call a local dealer and see how the price compares to Pattaya.

18 minutes ago, H508 said:

Where were you pricing the Yamaha's at, Jip? I just stopped by one of the Mityon's just to look at the paint choices in person. The gf talked to the sales woman and when I was glancing at the calculator, it lookes like they priced the abs aerox initially at 78,000 then 81,000 out the door (assuming, as I didn't care to clarify and naturally there is some farang pricing in there as well). I heard 74,000 was closer to the going price which is what you mentioned in Pattaya.

Also debating buying in town here or buying later in the gf's town in Maha Sarakham. Maybe I'll have her dad go up or call a local dealer and see how the price compares to Pattaya.

I checked prices at Mityon on Pattaya Tai and Pattaya Klang:-

Aerox (s). 68,000

Aerox (r). 73,000

Aerox (abs) 78,000

NMAX 79,000

PCX 88,000

I paid 84,000 on the road but that also included a helmet for around 3,000 Baht.

Your on the road price sounds about right. A bonus for me was that Mityon in Pattaya Tai sorted out immigration paperwork to enable the bike to be registered in my name. It cost 1,200 Baht but there was an issue for me getting a certificate of residence from my 'home' immigration office.

9 hours ago, MINIMIGLIA said:

There sure is some farang fee in those prices,my type R was 68000 on the road. Yamaha dealer in Wang saphung Loei.

Yours is a rogue bike anyway :smile:... only Aerox R in Thailand with ABS !!

There is no Farang price differential at Mityon. As normal, I got my missus to make the enquiry on her own (I had done my research a coupe of days before) and she was quoted the same prices..... except at Mityon, Pattaya Klang - I was quoted 80k for the NMAX and she was quoted 79k.

2 hours ago, Jip99 said:

Yours is a rogue bike anyway :smile:... only Aerox R in Thailand with ABS !!

There is no Farang price differential at Mityon. As normal, I got my missus to make the enquiry on her own (I had done my research a coupe of days before) and she was quoted the same prices..... except at Mityon, Pattaya Klang - I was quoted 80k for the NMAX and she was quoted 79k.

No same price in Udon Thani

For posterity, as many pluses that the aerox had (better overall style and color, better handling which includes bigger tires and better brakes, and a smoother shifting engine) this scooter just was never comfortable with 2 up riding and my 5'5" girlfriend had to shift back and forth for a stopped and riding position with just her driving, so we purchased a PCX 150.

PCX 150 at one of the Mityon's in Pattaya was 84,000 for the scooter but came to 93,000 out the door which included 2 years theft.