Is it too hot now?

george

Is it too hot now?  

18 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

:o News: Hot in the City

Along with the record temperatures that made yesterday 2003-05-07 the hottest day of the year so far, the country's electricity consumption hit record levels.

The Meteorological Department reported that some provinces, such as Sukhothai, saw the mercury rise to 42.6 degrees Celsius yesterday, while Bangkok registered 38.6C.

Is it too hot in Thailand for farangs now?

I'm in Issan and it has been very hot this year (more than the last 2 anyway. Usually, by the time May kicks around, temps head south. This year it is different. I went to bed last night at 10 o'clock in a 97 degree bedroom (Had to turn on the AC). It's been like that for about a week now. Yesterday it was 102 in front of my house at 10:30 in the morning.

To top it off, we haven't had municipal water for over a week now!

^How do you deal with *serious* heat exhaustion?^

I do like I did the other day. Try to rehydrate myself while having a huge migraine-like headache and then pass out on my bed in an air conditioned room until I feel better.

Works everytime  ::o:

• 2 weeks later...

Its always to bleedin' hot in Thailand;

Its always to bleedin' cold (and wet) in the UK;

they never made weather like this when I was young... moan moan, grumble, grumble

The cure to heat exhaustion is more chilled beer out of a bottle while sitting naked in the cold shower - or a local stream with tree/rock cover (may be not quite naked then though).

• 1 month later...

No never too HOT and at .28 degrees at the weekend...whaa.hee.

Just got back from a "Coffin Dodgers" stag weekend on the Oxford/Cherwell canal in of all things a narrow boat and the temp.hit 28 (en Angleterre.)

Exo-cetic locations like Heyford,Bodicote,Banbury,Bisto,

Thrupp and even Aynho were good pub stopping off points (sounds like somewhere up the Mekong in Issan) and of course Oxford.

Food and drink on such occasions had to be "de Rig-our" Bacon sand "wodges"and Beer,Shepards pie and Beer,Wild Boar,Steak and Chips and Cherry Trifle and Beer.(who the f... brought the cherry trifle?)Great.Good boozers everywhere and one to head for when in OX.is the aptly named "Far From The Maddening Crowd"not far from all the kiddy pubs in the town center,just follow the aroma of the spliffs and its up the Aly way by the rock and roll gin joint.(Hey man got any bread??)Well it is jolly old Ox.

At 2 and a half Knots,wots that in real money-bloody Euros again,time stands still....but mai pen rai.mixed-smiley-008.gif

• 8 months later...