Dongtan Beach

sometime

The new construction ends before the Rabbit Resort. The beach concessions with sunbeds are open and waiting your friends arrival. Many of the concessions have Rabbit menus so they can order food. The beach is closed on Wednesdays. 

47 minutes ago, ThaiBob said:

The new construction ends before the Rabbit Resort. The beach concessions with sunbeds are open and waiting your friends arrival. Many of the concessions have Rabbit menus so they can order food. The beach is closed on Wednesdays. 

My guess is that you meant to say that the  sun bed venders are NOT allowed to set up on Wed & Thurs.  I doubt that the beach is closed (blocked off) from people walking along it or sitting on the sand.

14 minutes ago, OneZero said:

My guess is that you meant to say that the  sun bed venders are NOT allowed to set up on Wed & Thurs.  I doubt that the beach is closed (blocked off) from people walking along it or sitting on the sand.

You are correct, the Thursday two month ban on the vendors is now over and they have resumed Thursday service. 

Plus before this destruction it was one of the few pedestrianised places where you didn't have to worry about vehicles creeping up behind you (except for the odd motorbike by Marine Department staff).

Now it seems these roadworks have given people an excuse to park any vehicle they like on the sand between the trees right up to the end of the road. It's a shambles and a tragedy and it's totally lost its previously nice atmosphere:bah:

10 hours ago, midas said:

Plus before this destruction it was one of the few pedestrianised places where you didn't have to worry about vehicles creeping up behind you (except for the odd motorbike by Marine Department staff).

Now it seems these roadworks have given people an excuse to park any vehicle they like on the sand between the trees right up to the end of the road. It's a shambles and a tragedy and it's totally lost its previously nice atmosphere:bah:

I suspect these pictures were taken before 10:00 am or after 5:00pm when vehicles, motorbikes, delivery trucks, etc are permitted. The pedestrian only access is still enforced. Whether that will be be case years from now when the final phase of construction is complete is an unknown. 

Archived