Advice Required

JackScarlett

I have recently had a house built in  Namphong Province about 10 km out from Namphong

towards Kranuan on the 2039. 

I am not there at present but will return to take up residence at the end of this year.

The builder - if he can be called that - allowed for a one metre width of concrete around the Base and out from the house and I would like to extend that by at least another metre and need advice as to the best way to proceed as I am informed that concrete comes in at about 1800 baht  cubic metre.  I also need a path built from the gate to the house.   Cost is important particularly in the current pound v baht scenario.  Path would be around 2 metres wide and approx 25 metres long.

Advice and suggestions to a complete novice would be most welcome in such matters as builder, probable costs and materials would be greatly welcome.

Hope I have given sufficient info to get some kind of idea.

Many thanks

Work out the volume of concrete you need-

For the extension around the house

- measure the perimiter of your house

- thickness of concrete 

- width of extension

Length × depth × width = volume ( allow for 10 % extra )

Same goes for the pathway.....

The preperation for task may need some excavation ..... man hours

Timber boxing - possibly ply wood and some pegs to hold the boxing in place.... all of this cost can be worked out with local timber prices and quick calculation of the required dimension of the proposed extension and pathway - 

Also you may need to place sand and have it compacted depending on the existing earth .

Its easier just to have a builder quote a upfront price .

Archived