Non Immigrant / Driver Card / Buy Car

My Progress :

21SEP2014 = INCOMING THAILAND
21OCT2014 = EXTENSION VISA IN PHUKET
17NOV2014 = VISA LAOS - FRENCH BRIDGE LAOS-NONGKHAI
18NOV2014 = VISA TOURIST 2 ENTRY - VIENTIANE
18NOV2014 = ENTRY VISA TOURIST (1) - FRENCH BRIDGE LAOS-NONGKHAI-- MOVE TO ISAAN
16JAN2015 = EXTENSION VISA TOURIST (1) - BUENG KAN
16FEB2015 = U-TURN IN BORDER - ENTRY VISA TOURIST (2) - NONG KHAI NO TO GO LAOS, NO LAOS IN OR OUT STAMP
16APR2015 = EXTENSION VISA TOURIST (2)- BUENG KAN-- MOVE TO PATHUM THANI
13MAY2015 = VISA LAOS - FRENCH BRIDGE LAOS-NONGKHAI
14MAY2015 = VISA STUDENT - VIENTIANE
10AUG2015 = EXTENSION VISA STUDENT (1) (2MONTH) - CHAENG WATTANA
12OCT2015 = VISA LAOS - FRENCH BRIDGE LAOS-NONGKHAI
13OCT2015 = VISA TOURIST 2 ENTRY - VIENTIANE
13OCT2015 = ENTRY VISA TOURIST (1) - NONG KHAI
11DEC2015 = EXTENSION VISA TOURIST (1) - PATHUMTHANI

10JAN2016 = ENTRY VISA TOURIST (2) - NONG KHAI
09MAR2016 = EXTENSION VISA TOURIST (1) - PATHUMTHANI

08APR2016 = DEPARTURE FRANCE AND NEW PASSPORT.

13APR2017 = GO BANGKOK EXEMPTION 30 DAYS

12MAY2017 = EXTENSION 30 DAYS SARABURI

13JUN2017 = LAOS TOURIST VISA 1 ENTRY

11AUG2017 = EXTENSION

Today, i need to buy Car and have Driver card, I went to a shop, but they require a work permit and a residence certificate.
I went to immigration, who refuses to give it to me because I have a tourist visa.
Many people suggest I get a Non Immigrant B visa, I do not know how to do it because I do not work and there is no school offering student visa where I live,

And marriage is not envisaged.

How to obtain Non Immigrant Visa ?

My gf say me it's possible to obtain ED Visa for learn Pali language in Wat or do you have others solutions ?

Edited by Love66

Whats a driver card you mean drivers licence? What shop did you go to? Buying a car on hire purchase?

Not sure why you out up 2 years of visa history its of no relevence to your question. I would take it down as you will only get grief.

Do you want to learn Thai if so go to a thai language school and talk to them they will advise you on visa options.

Edited by jeab1980

10 minutes ago, jeab1980 said:

Whats a driver card you mean drivers licence? What shop did you go to? Buying a car on hire purchase?

Not sure why you out up 2 years of visa history its of no relevence to your question. I would take it down as you will only get grief.

Do you want to learn Thai if so go to a thai language school and talk to them they will advise you on visa options.

Driver License, sorry, i'm french.

I want to buy Car, and obtain a Driver Licence.

There are no school for learn thai where i live. = Sao Hai.

Edited by Love66

9 minutes ago, Love66 said:

You can buy a car but you cant get a licence then? You dont seem to have a lot of choices left.

8 minutes ago, jeab1980 said:

The real question is : How to have a Non Immigrant, without work (self-sufficient), without learn something (No school near home), and without marriage (Alone)?

Edited by Love66

4 minutes ago, Kieranmc said:

How old are you ? Do u qualify for a retirement visa ? 

30 old.
The options I am considering are:
Internship in a school to teach English with 5-10 old childs as a volunteer.
Learn pali language in wat

Edited by Love66

9 hours ago, Love66 said:

You don't need a work permit to get a driver's license or a non immigrant visa (depends upon the office). Many people have gotten them with tourist visa entries.

You need proof of residence to apply for the license and/or to register a vehicle. Your best option may be to get that from you embassy.

11 hours ago, Love66 said:

I suggest you get your gf (assuming she is Thai) to phone/visit Saraburi Dept. of Land Transportation first to check if they do issue driving licences to tourist visa holders. After that, plan your next step.

When I bought my car, all I needed was a letter from my home country embassy stating my Thai address, which they just copy from anything you give them (electricity bill, rental contract, etc) and of course the cash to buy the car.

Nobody ever asked about my visa status (I was on a 30 day visa exempt at the time) or if I had a driver license.

Happy car shopping.

6 minutes ago, ExpatOilWorker said:

When I bought my car, all I needed was a letter from my home country embassy stating my Thai address, which they just copy from anything you give them (electricity bill, rental contract, etc) and of course the cash to buy the car.

Nobody ever asked about my visa status (I was on a 30 day visa exempt at the time) or if I had a driver license.

Happy car shopping.

I still feel he needs to first check if his driving licencing centre will accept a tourist visa. As far as I know, the residence certs from Embassy are only valid for 30 days (I could be wrong, of course) which might be a problem if he has to go thru a change of visa status procedure.

Personaly i would go on a couple of days holiday to Pattaya and get the COR and medical cert and then go to chunburi DTO and get his licence. Now im presuming you have a home country driving licence already? If not you have to sit the computerised highway code tests.

My problem is Immigration in Saraburi, refuse "Beneath the table".

And want stricly application of the Law and fully unfriended with Farang.

Tourist Visa = No Obtain a Residence Certificate.

Need to have Non Immigrant.

My problem is not only to Buy car or Driver Licence.

It's seem every office in Saraburi have Boss instructions for no help Farang.

On 10/09 I need to go Laos for obtain one More Tourist Visa, and i'm worry for have again a Tourist Visa.

What is the solution for to have a Non Immigrant, without work (self-sufficient), without learn something (No school near home), and without marriage (Alone) ?

Edited by Love66

5 minutes ago, Love66 said:

My problem is Immigration in Saraburi, refuse "Beneath the table" And want stricly application of the Law and fully unfriended with Farang.

Tourist Visa = No Obtain a Residence Certificate.

Need to have Non Immigrant.

As stated above go on holiday for a week and sort it that way.

Your close enough to BKK to go to embassy and get one from there.

11 minutes ago, Love66 said:

And how to obtain Non-Immigrant without work / not 50 old / No school near / Not married ?

1 minute ago, Love66 said:

I'm retired/Pensioner (Accident).

Your only choice is tourist visas unless you can find work, get a work permit and then a non-b visa.

There is the option of Thai Elite membership. That would get you 5 year multiple entry visa that allows unlimited one year entries. For a 5 year membership the fee is 500k baht. See: https://www.thailandelite.com/#/

16 minutes ago, Love66 said:

My actual gf say me maybe i can learn Pali Passa in Wat,

Do you think is it possible ?

It might be possible if you found a Wat that could provide the paperwork to get a non-r visa for religious studies and then an extension.

These are the basic requirements. 

(2) Must have been confirmed and requested by the National Office of Buddhism, or Office of the Prune Minister, or Mahachulalongkomrajavidyalaya University, or Mahamakut Buddhist University.
(3) Must have been confirmed by the abbot of the temple where the applicant is studying Buddhism or practicing religious activities.

Another option might be doing volunteer work for a NGO or a charitable organization.

12 hours ago, Love66 said:

30 old.
The options I am considering are:
Internship in a school to teach English with 5-10 old childs as a volunteer.
Learn pali language in wat

To teach English in public schools is allowed to people who have English as mother language as people from UK, USA, Canada and Australia... You say you are French

10 minutes ago, Los Luver said:

To teach English in public schools is allowed to people who have English as mother language as people from UK, USA, Canada and Australia... You say you are French

Maybe for work with money income.

30km to my home, i met 3 french, volonteer in a school.

In tourist Visa, They are considered as a Teachaaa.

My objective is not to be teacher, but have a proper Visa and easyly

It's seem we need to have activity for stay in Thailand and everywhere others country.

If i need to have activity for have a Non -I Visa...

Im looking for the best solution.

For this school, i don't know what papers is needed, and the Boss of the this school is never here.

Im waiting to meet him.

Edited by Love66

32 minutes ago, Love66 said:

Maybe for work with money income.

30km to my home, i met 3 french, volonteer in a school.

In tourist Visa, They are considered as a Teachaaa.

My objective is not to be teacher, but have a proper Visa and easyly

It's seem we need to have activity for stay in Thailand and everywhere others country.

If i need to have activity for have a Non -I Visa...

Im looking for the best solution.

For this school, i don't know what papers is needed, and the Boss of the this school is never here.

Im waiting to meet him.

They are not teachers but volunteers  being used as teachers by the school illegally  I might add as you cant do voluntary work on a TV. 

1 hour ago, jeab1980 said:

They are not teachers but volunteers  being used as teachers by the school illegally  I might add as you cant do voluntary work on a TV. 

I know, maybe i can be volunteer with Non-B Visa and work permit as a kindergarden in school.