Government statistics on land prices

SnareBear

I'm interested in how land prices have developed in Chiang Mai the last 10 years. Is there any government statistics available of average sales price per Rai for the different Amphurs/Tambons? Any other source of information on this online?

I'm talking about actual sales prices, not asking prices.

Edited by SnareBear

Like with so many other things concerning facts, life and everything, I'd forget about the government route.  Because typically buyers and sellers lie about the sale price, to reduce tax.  Usually they'll go for an amount that matches the government assessment, which is much lower than what land actually sells for.

Banks may have better data on this, though.  (Banks go along in lying to the government by the way, isn't it great. ;) )

4 hours ago, 473geo said:

Banks are state owned are they not so actually they would be.....

Banks are "state-owned"? I know BAAC (micro-loan bank) and the Islamic Bank are (and perhaps Government Savings Bank), but the rest are publicly owned and have shareholders.

On 8/23/2017 at 3:45 AM, 473geo said:

Banks are state owned are they not so actually they would be.....

Well, no.   But even if they were then that wouldn't stop them from acting against the interests of the state, the country really is *that* messed up.   Which is not a bad thing necessarily, for people with some money.