Police seize fake Man U merchandise in Sa Kaew

snoop1130

Police seize fake Man U merchandise in Sa Kaew

5995a82e863c40028736d3e314ae53aa.jpeg

Police in Sa Kaew province raided a shop at a border market on Tuesday and seized 1,327 pirated pieces of Manchester United Football Club merchandise worth about Bt600,000.

The raid was conducted after police in Khlong Luek district were alerted by an official representative of the club, Dulayapon Chuenkaew.

The popular shop, Kblack 59, had told potential customers that its products – including jerseys, jeans, shorts and bags – were legal. It even displayed a framed commercial certificate.

However, Dulayapon told police that many products displaying the logo of the English Premier League football club were pirated.

Police detained Thanyathip Unngampan, 32, who was allegedly selling items at the shop at the time of the raid.

Dulayapon said that his firm had received several complaints about the shop. It sent somebody there to buy products, which were then sent to club headquarters in the United Kingdom.

Club officials confirmed that the merchandise was pirated.

Pol Lt Colonel Jatupat Singhassathit, deputy provincial police chief, said that the shop could defend itself by presenting evidence of its purchase of the items. Police could then take legal action against the original sellers. However, the retailers would still face prosecution if it could be proven that they knew the products were fake.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/national/30324594

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-8-22

Well, there is the point of view that they are a fake football team....

Perhaps I should point out that I was a rugby player.- prop forward - and so have little interest in the mincing creatures of the "beautiful game", fake or otherwise.

I now await the inevitable torrents of abuse....

1 minute ago, bristolgeoff said:

along with all the other teams round the world,they pick on this club.u can get copy stuff on any team in bkk.my friend has a stall and that is all he got.copy stuff on any football team

They made the raid because they  "were alerted by an official representative of the club".  I believe they can only carry out these raids in response to specific requests by the official parties involved. 

36 minutes ago, KhaoNiaw said:

They made the raid because they  "were alerted by an official representative of the club".  I believe they can only carry out these raids in response to specific requests by the official parties involved. 

Exactly, and the only reason why cops raid shops for counterfeit products is that THEY ARE PAID by the lawyers to do it.