Don’t come to court Friday: Yingluck

webfact

Don’t come to court Friday: Yingluck

By The Nation

54a8125caccd187081aea71c3d7c3545.jpg

Photo from Yingluck Shinawatra's Facebook page

BANGKOK: -- Embattled ex-PM Yingluck Shinawatra asked supporters on Thursday to not go to the Supreme Court Friday to support her as the verdict is announced in charges against her related to her former government’s rice-pledging scheme.

Yingluck told supporters, via her six-million-follower Facebook page, that she wanted to avoid any possible chaos caused by a third party.

“I care for everyone, be you the people or my Facebook followers. And I don’t want any instigation, which possibly could be brought by a third party, to occur. as the security authorities have always said,” Yingluck wrote.

“So, I’d like to ask that everyone who cares for me, too, not to go to the court [Friday]. Instead, I’d like everyone to wait for the news at home so to avoid the risk posed by those having ill-intention towards the country and us.”

The former PM also said she acknowledged the compassion and all good wishes of people who were aware of her suffering. However, this time they would not be in touch closely, as they had in the past, due to the strict security measures, Yingluck wrote.

This Friday, the Supreme Court is set to hand down a final verdict over the rice-pledging cases against the former prime minister, and against her commerce minister Boonsong Teriyapirom in a separate case.

If convicted of malfeasance and dereliction of duty, Yingluck could face an up to 10-year jail term. She could also be liable to having to pay more than Bt35 billion lost because of alleged management failure in the implementation of the rice-subsidy policy.

Thousands of supporters are expected to show up to give Yingluck moral support. Security authorities have prepared measures to deal with the large crowd while also advising them against travelling to the court.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/politics/30324768

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-08-24

She has this right. I am sure a third party will cause trouble and it will be blamed on her supporters.  Perhaps old Shut Down Bangkok crowd will sneak in and do the dirty deed of causing chaos.

The best her supporters can do is stay away and wait.

51 minutes ago, webfact said:

Instead, I’d like everyone to wait for the news at home so to avoid the risk posed by those having ill-intention towards the country and us.”

Smart lady. Regardless of what happens she has taken the moral high ground, and painted Prayut and gang as those with ill intentions. If there is trouble, she can point the finger at the Junta for having the mindset that kicks it off.

7 hours ago, darksidedog said:

Smart lady. Regardless of what happens she has taken the moral high ground, and painted Prayut and gang as those with ill intentions. If there is trouble, she can point the finger at the Junta for having the mindset that kicks it off.

A Shin and moral high ground  - you can't half tell'em! Good one :cheesy:

2 minutes ago, mikecha said:

fraud is fraud but i still like her 

she still has good heart for thai people 

So the billionaire Yingluck, sibling of several other billionaires and millionaires, has don exactly what to show "she has a good heart for the Thai people"?

7 hours ago, lovelomsak said:

She has this right. I am sure a third party will cause trouble and it will be blamed on her supporters.  Perhaps old Shut Down Bangkok crowd will sneak in and do the dirty deed of causing chaos.

Yes of course, it's the old mysterious third hand Chalerm always blamed. Never the Shin bully boys and hired thugs.

18 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:

So the billionaire Yingluck, sibling of several other billionaires and millionaires, has don exactly what to show "she has a good heart for the Thai people"?

By raising the minimum wage?  More than the others did anyway, I think the other lot, who are also of billionaire stock, are more missing the old slavery days than thinking to improve anything for the low end worker.

18 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:

Yes of course, it's the old mysterious third hand Chalerm always blamed. Never the Shin bully boys and hired thugs.

I think you hear the shin lot blamed a little more actually, it is the yellows that seem to escape the blame despite their murderous thuggery, murderers are murderers, it would be a better look not to take sides when both sides are guilty.

Just now, Kieran00001 said:

By raising the minimum wage?  More than the others did anyway, I think the other lot, who are also of billionaire stock, are more missing the old slavery days than thinking to improve anything for the low end worker.

Yes she raised it to a gigantic 300 ThB a day! And, as usual, failed to enforce its implementation. But as a billionaire, she was inconvenienced.

The thread and discussion is about Yingluck. No need to divert to others. What has she really done that has shown her heart for the Thai people? 

3 minutes ago, Kieran00001 said:

I think you hear the shin lot blamed a little more actually, it is the yellows that seem to escape the blame despite their murderous thuggery, murderers are murderers, it would be a better look not to take sides when both sides are guilty.

Now you hear the Shin lot blamed, because they're no longer in a position to cover it up. Remember when Chalerm and Tharit the land grabber were in charge of CAPO - they never arrested and prosecuted one single Shin supporter despite their uncanny ability to predict attacks on the anti Shin lobby.

Indeed all criminals should be prosecuted. But this thread is about the Shins and their supporters.

Edited by Baerboxer

Just now, Baerboxer said:

Yes she raised it to a gigantic 300 ThB a day! And, as usual, failed to enforce its implementation. But as a billionaire, she was inconvenienced.

The thread and discussion is about Yingluck. No need to divert to others. What has she really done that has shown her heart for the Thai people? 

In a two party system there is every reason to make comparisons, as that is what the electorate does, you may not see her as having shown enough heart but she showed more heart than the others, and that is why she won and would win again tomorrow.

Just now, Kieran00001 said:

In a two party system there is every reason to make comparisons, as that is what the electorate does, you may not see her as having shown enough heart but she showed more heart than the others, and that is why she won and would win again tomorrow.

How could she win by showing she had more heart before ever serving in any political office?

PTP, the latest family political vehicle, won because they have a very good well organized election organization and control the areas with big populations. Two party system - few more than that. The others usually sell out to form coalitions with the highest bidders. And as for canvassing in an area controlled by PTP - are you aware what happens?

She might win again, but not for 5 years as she's banned. But her brother's next stooge might. Depends on how much the lubrication has been stopped in that well oiled election machine.

Had she real heart, she'd have made sure the minimum wage was successfully implemented and enforced. But that would've upset too many of her own wealthy supporters. Window dressing, by a puppet.

1 minute ago, Baerboxer said:

How could she win by showing she had more heart before ever serving in any political office?

PTP, the latest family political vehicle, won because they have a very good well organized election organization and control the areas with big populations. Two party system - few more than that. The others usually sell out to form coalitions with the highest bidders. And as for canvassing in an area controlled by PTP - are you aware what happens?

She might win again, but not for 5 years as she's banned. But her brother's next stooge might. Depends on how much the lubrication has been stopped in that well oiled election machine.

Had she real heart, she'd have made sure the minimum wage was successfully implemented and enforced. But that would've upset too many of her own wealthy supporters. Window dressing, by a puppet.

By her pledge, which was to increase minimum wage, obviously.  And where is it not enforced, every large employer I know of pays at least minimum, obviously there will be little ones paying less but they would not be the wealthy supporters, would they?  As for the well organised PTP, they have done everything to prevent them from organising anything for a good while now, do you think there is any chance at all that they would not win if given the chance to stand tomorrow?  They continued to win because of all they did, the universal health care, the new universities, the doubling of the GDP, the new minimum wages, SML, OTOP, microcredit, agricultural loans, the lottery, the reasons people vote for them both are many and clear.  Instead of asking why people think the shins have hearts for the Thai people perhaps you try asking why people think the others have cold hearts.

9 minutes ago, Kieran00001 said:

By her pledge, which was to increase minimum wage, obviously.  And where is it not enforced, every large employer I know of pays at least minimum, obviously there will be little ones paying less but they would not be the wealthy supporters, would they?  As for the well organised PTP, they have done everything to prevent them from organising anything for a good while now, do you think there is any chance at all that they would not win if given the chance to stand tomorrow?  They continued to win because of all they did, the universal health care, the new universities, the doubling of the GDP, the new minimum wages, SML, OTOP, microcredit, agricultural loans, the lottery, the reasons people vote for them both are many and clear.  Instead of asking why people think the shins have hearts for the Thai people perhaps you try asking why people think the others have cold hearts.

Well, well. Another new poster springing up to defend PTP with the usual drivel and long meandering prose.

You forgot the self financing wonderful rice scheme which helped so many, the new iPads given free to every single child, the anti corruption campaign launched to stamp out corruption, although there was none to stamp out in the PTP government of course, Yingluck said so and she wouldn't lie, having such a good heart, would she? Like when she promised the farmers they'd all be paid next week, only didn't pay them.

The lottery - hmm. How much money has been plowed back and into what projects? New universities - which ones? Doubling GDP - which years and which governments? 

Your credibility goes once you claim all people think the Shins have the people's interest at heart. Laughable.

Edited by Baerboxer

1 minute ago, Baerboxer said:

Well, well. Another new poster springing up to defend PTP with the usual drivel and long meandering prose.

You forgot the self financing wonderful rice scheme which helped so many, the new iPads given free to every single child, the anti corruption campaign launched to stamp out corruption, although there was none to stamp out in the PTP government of course, Yingluck said so and she wouldn't lie, having such a good heart, would she? Like when she promised the farmers they'd all be paid next week, only didn't pay them.

The lottery - hmm. How much money has been plowed back and into what projects? New universities - which ones? Doubling GDP - which years and which governments? 

Your credibility goes once you claim all people think the Shins have the people's interest at heart. Laughable.

I was merely answering your question as to why people feel that she has Thai people in her heart, people remember all those things, each of them are close to some people's hearts, I was not attempting to say anything other than what other people think of that clan, I am well aware that not everything they did was perfect or could not have gone a lot further.  

I am sure you are aware of the first rice scheme under Thaksin, well that one went so well that it enabled Thailand to pay back their IMF debt early and also doubled the GDP.  And they made a university for every province, of course you have to bear in mind that all that her brother did is carried on to her through the fact that she is his clone, if he had a heart then she has a heart, that is how many people thought in the election.

Where did I say that all people think the Shins have the people's interest at heart? You just made that up all by your self.  What I know is that the majority think that the Shins have more of their interests at heart than any other party who stand a chance of winning, that is why they vote for them, because they think they are the best chance for them.

20 hours ago, lovelomsak said:

Exactly, infiltrators planted among her supporters will kick it off, happens everywhere and her supporters will get the blame, as you say!