Disabled people to petition Supreme Administrative Court

snoop1130

Disabled people to petition Supreme Administrative Court

BTS-disable.jpg

A group of about 100 disabled people plan to submit a petition for the Supreme Administrative Court to follow up its order for the Bangkok Metropolitan Administration and Bangkok Transit System (BTS) Co to improve facilities to enable them to travel on the skytrain.

After six years of a court battle, Supreme Administrative Court two years ago issued an order for the BMA and BTS to take action as called for by the disabled by installing elevators and building other facilities to enable them to travel conveniently by January 2016.

But the two agencies have so far completed less than 50% of the facilities for the disabled.

The decision to petition the Supreme Administrative Court came at a seminar on Thursday of the disabled on their rights to travel facilites under the 1981 law on the rehabilitation of the disabled.

Full Story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/disabled-people-petition-supreme-administrative-court/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2017-8-24

6 years in court thats a disgrace  easy to see Thailand disregards the handicapped ! some of these Government building with so called wheelchair ramps are more like ski slopes with most having a step or two thrown in for good measure either at the begining of the ramp or the top, doorways to narrow Hmmmm

In 2009 a Spanish student designed an escalator where three steps could be used to carry a heavy load or a wheelchair, it also saved energy.

It appears that this has failed to attract any funding.

I am glad that the design for the new Pink and Yellow monorail lines includes elevators (lifts) at each station.

Near the Saladeng station there has been an area blocked off on the sidewalk for about 2 years but still no elevator and people on the sidewalk have to navigate a very narrow space behind this temporary enclosure. To make things worse street vendors have goods for sale against the building. It should not take 2+ years to install an elevator. 

On 8/25/2017 at 6:48 AM, colinneil said:

Why post only half of the photo?

Those barriers are a good idea, but people like you post only part of the setup to mislead others.

Mislead what? Are you blind? There are STILL barriers placed in front of the handicapped access. Your "complete" photo still shows no way around.
MAYBE a person in a wheelchair can make a hard right turn, and then a left right next to the street, but that is not shown in your "improved" view, and besides, why should it be necessary?
Take one post out, and arrest the damned motorcyclists for whom the barrier is intended. Fine them well, and use the part of the fine not needed for tea to make further handicap access available.
Oh, sorry. You did not even show a "complete" photo, so you are babbling about something you do not even have information about.
Shame!

Edited by Bill Miller

44 minutes ago, Bill Miller said:

Mislead what? Are you blind? There are STILL barriers placed in front of the handicapped access. Your "complete" photo still shows no way around.
MAYBE a person in a wheelchair can make a hard right turn, and then a left right next to the street, but that is not shown in your "improved" view, and besides, why should it be necessary?
Take one post out, and arrest the damned motorcyclists for whom the barrier is intended. Fine them well, and use the part of the fine not needed for tea to make further handicap access available.
Oh, sorry. You did not even show a "complete" photo, so you are babbling about something you do not even have information about.
Shame!

Those barriers are a good idea/design, go in turn right no problem for people like me who are confined to a wheelchair.

The idea is to stop motorbikes speeding through, and they work.

People who condemn them are idiots.

Edited by colinneil

10 minutes ago, colinneil said:

Those barriers are a good idea/design, go in turn right no problem for people like me who are confined to a wheelchair.

The idea is to stop motorbikes speeding through, and they work.

People who condemn them are idiots.

Exactly what I said.

Glad it is no problem for you to negotiate the extra turns, and get pushed nearly into traffic by the narrowness of the pavement.

Thanks for the ad hominem "idiots".

You sure you are only physically disabled?

So far only need a cane myself. :shock1:

56 minutes ago, Bill Miller said:

Shame!

Another arrow on the pavement perpendicular to the forward pointing arrow after the wheelchair symbol indicating a necessary right turn, might make the wheelchair passage clearer.

1 hour ago, Bill Miller said:

Exactly what I said.

Glad it is no problem for you to negotiate the extra turns, and get pushed nearly into traffic by the narrowness of the pavement.

Thanks for the ad hominem "idiots".

You sure you are only physically disabled?

So far only need a cane myself. :shock1:

You ask am i only physically disabled, well i must be mentally disabled taking time to reply on here.:cheesy: