I Cannot Access My Excite Email Account

gisele

I haven't been able to access my Excite email account, it started with the disruption of internet service the other week so I thought it would come back but no luck,

I have emailed the excite.com technical support people and they have answered to check the cookie setting and the clock setting, check this but I don't see how that could affect all the different computers I have used since then (home, office, internet cafe)

this is my primary email address, have used it for over a decade so I really want to resolve this quick.

Can someone offer advice

thanks a bunch

sorry I see this should be in the internet forum

Edited by gisele

I haven't been able to access my Excite email account, it started with the disruption of internet service the other week so I thought it would come back but no luck,

I have emailed the excite.com technical support people and they have answered to check the cookie setting and the clock setting, check this but I don't see how that could affect all the different computers I have used since then (home, office, internet cafe)

this is my primary email address, have used it for over a decade so I really want to resolve this quick.

Can someone offer advice

thanks a bunch

sorry I see this should be in the internet forum

As a temporary measure:

If there is somebody you trust who is located elsewhere where your account is still accessible, give them access details and tell them to forward your email to another account. If you dont have another account, just sign up for a free one so you can receive it - hotmail, yahoo, gmail, lycos or whatever. Also ask your friend to send out an email to everybody in your address book that you cannot access that account anymore and you want everyone to email you at the new account you have opened until further.

I dont know excite that well, but it is possible that the settings of the account allow setting up automatic forwarding to another account, which would be even better for you in this situation. Either way you will probably need somebody else to do this for you, unless you can get help from their support team.