Best exchange rate for GBP to THB?

Chip73

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

When I was in the business of changing money I always checked as many forex places as possible. One day one may be better than another and the next visa versa.

In Chiang Mai?

There are only two competitive ones in CM, Sakol mentioned above and Super Rich with a branch just across the street.  Check SR first then go accross the street to Sakol for a better rate is my experience.

1 hour ago, Dante99 said:

Absurd, I have had nothing but competent prompt service at Sakol for decades.

Sounds like you are a walking talking horror show.

Realy Read  First before comment   like a computer it is Always wrong not the person operating it 

10 hours ago, Dante99 said:

Perhaps he meant simply that the weak pound is a horror show for him.

Watching it slide hasn't been pleasant for me either!

The topic is where is the best place to exchange GBP.

That has nothing to do with peoples opinions about the current exchange rates or what they are compared to some other time.  That is a very different question.  It is a fools game to hold just one currency and expect stability even if it is the currency of Empire.

26 minutes ago, Dante99 said:

The topic is where is the best place to exchange GBP.

That has nothing to do with peoples opinions about the current exchange rates or what they are compared to some other time.  That is a very different question.  It is a fools game to hold just one currency and expect stability even if it is the currency of Empire.

The best places to exchange sterling to bahts are those that give the best rates, and what I`m saying is; wherever you go they are all going to be roughly the same.

At the moment the Bangkok Bank is offering 42.27 for £1 (TT) and unless anyone knows of anywhere else, which can improve on that, then best to use the banks and no point in shopping around.

18 hours ago, Dante99 said:

Sounds like your brain can't keep up 42 or less is a horror show .

33 minutes ago, sammieuk1 said:

Sounds like your brain can't keep up 42 or less is a horror show .

Sounds like a lot of folks have little understanding of or experience with currency markets and little understanding of the impact of Brexit.  

So what are you going to call it when in 18-24 months it has dropped significantly further? Are you all going to be jumping out of tall buildings?

1 hour ago, Dante99 said:

Sounds like a lot of folks have little understanding of or experience with currency markets and little understanding of the impact of Brexit.  

So what are you going to call it when in 18-24 months it has dropped significantly further? Are you all going to be jumping out of tall buildings?

Sounds like crystal balls are in short supply even with significant experience just make sure you avoid the pavement around tall buildings we don't want a soft landing. 

On 8/26/2017 at 6:45 AM, cyberfarang said:

The best places to exchange sterling to bahts are those that give the best rates, and what I`m saying is; wherever you go they are all going to be roughly the same.

At the moment the Bangkok Bank is offering 42.27 for £1 (TT) and unless anyone knows of anywhere else, which can improve on that, then best to use the banks and no point in shopping around.

Interesting - I had assumed an exchange bureau would be slightly favourable to a bank but will clearly need to do some legwork...