Jacuzzi

overherebc

Sorry I cant give you a positive report but a few things to look out for.

A genuine Jacuzzi should give you years of trouble free use, they are installed by manufacturers trained engineers and have good warranties.

Jacuzzi is a trade name much misused same as hoover to describe vacuum cleaners

Most offerings are hot tubs or spas to use their descriptive names.

Most of the cheaper models have tremendous problems ranging from cheap undersized pump badly designed plumbing and terrible electrics and electronics.As a benchmark for quality this company is a leader

https://canadianspacompany.ca 

Or look for some European brands some are made in china but research on various forums.

Good luck with your quest.

• 3 months later...

I can give a very positive report but not on anything bought here.

After seeing what was available here -- high price, nto likely to last long, built for appearance not fiunction -  I bought a "SPa-N-A-Box" . They are above ground units you fill with a garden hose and can be moved from place to place (when empty, obviously).

Have now had it for 14 years and still going strong, just 2 small repairs/replacements during that time. These are built for function and pretty durable.

Just now, Sheryl said:

I can give a very positive report but not on anything bought here.

After seeing what was available here -- high price, nto likely to last long, built for appearance not fiunction -  I bought a "SPa-N-A-Box" . They are above ground units you fill with a garden hose and can be moved from place to place (when empty, obviously).

Have now had it for 14 years and still going strong, just 2 small repairs/replacements during that time. These are built for function and pretty durable.

I bought mine in the US but have heard the US supplier will no longer fit them for 220v. There is a supplier in the UK  http://www.somerset-hottubs.co.uk/tubs/clp/spa n a box.php

I had a hot tub / spa at my house in California. 

I'm more a pool type person so never really used it much, got more use by visiting family/friends or the current renters.

General maintenance involved chlorine after the 'bathers' were out of the unit, water clarifiers to help remove body oils and such, and removing the filter and washing it down to clean it.

Over a 20-year period I'd had to replace the three-phase motor once, replace cracked or aging pipe affected by UV sun exposure, or backwash and de-algae the system after it sat empty-ish idle for two years.

They can be expensive to own with scheduled filtration cycles and maintaining constant near-usable water temperatures.

Other than that you'd have to state why you think you want/need one, and what size (occupancy) requirements. Some 'Jacuzzi' are just water-filled bath tubs with jets.

Archived